• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Colorado

steelandcanvas

Welcome to SS! You have lots of neighbors that have a great interest in MVs. I know a few down in the 'Springs, some in Elizabeth, Franktown, Kiowa, Cripple Creek, Denver, and Commerce City. Good luck on your future purchase at GovLiq!

KaiserM109

I take it that you are bidding on some of the equipment at Ft. Carson. When the bidding is done, let us know what you've bought.

GL in Arizona is a pain to deal with, but the folks at Ft. Carson are great. I have bought 5 trailers and a tent from Ft. Carson and can honestly say that the people there try hard to do a good job and help you out if you need it. You should call ahead before your pickup, if you can.

Since you are stationed there, do you have a place to keep large equipment? You might just have the shortest recovery on record.

Arlyn

Last edited:

Crash_AF

Welcome... I'm on the other side of town by Peterson AFB, but I get down to Carson regularly. In fact, I have a 1008 to pick up on Monday if you'd like to come down and say 'hi'. I'll be towbar-ing it out of there. Drop me a line if you'd like to meet up.

Later,
Joe

colomil

welcome to the site! I have been buying stuff from Ft Carson since 1997. I am on 5 acres east of town so I have plenty of room for all the trucks I drag home. I have some cucv parts laying around as well.

Bettendorf

Welcome... I'm on the other side of town by Peterson AFB, but I get down to Carson regularly. In fact, I have a 1008 to pick up on Monday if you'd like to come down and say 'hi'. I'll be towbar-ing it out of there. Drop me a line if you'd like to meet up.

Later,
Joe
I'll be down there at about 0900 on Monday morning to have a look at some trucks. I've got a thousand things to do on Monday so I need an early start. Give me a ring at 719-559-8708. I live about 2 miles from where the trucks are right now.

Bettendorf

Well, my EUC got approved for my CUCV. Does anyone around me have a key that I can buy from them so I can recover this thing? I completely forgot to get a key by other means and I need to recover this thing. I promise to post pictures when it's sitting at my house. I'm picking it up at Fort Carson and I live there also. Please call me at 559-8708 My name is Jonah

KaiserPinzer

Another welcome from Colorado Springs. I'm just east of Monument. Just recovered my Deuce 2 1/2 weeks ago from the GL auction that ended Dec. 29th at Ft. Carson. Can't thank the guys from MVCC enough for the help and assistance in recovering the truck--and I can't thank the folks from the CONG 2/135 AVN up at Buckley AFB enough for taking great care of a sweet vehicle . There are a lot of resources in the local area, as you are seeing on here.