• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in new mexico, can you help me?

layinadeuce

hi my nameis garrett i am new to this site but am i looking to find a deuce and a half (m35a2) in new mexico also i am looking to find friends in the area for advice and help. pease help me

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomic

Hello Garrett,

Google is your friend (and tracked and monitored by our wonderful gov to be used against you at later date). Be sure you use the search function here and read as much as you can before you purchase. There are quite a few people on here that are from NM. Also did you know that NM is the fith largest state? My fourth grade teacher would be proud I remembered that!:p

You will find ads for trucks in the classified section from private/commercial sellers. Also, many companies sell them to the public. Govliquidations, GSA Auctions, C & C Equipment, Clark Truck, Memphis Equipment, Etc...etc....

Start slow and don't plow into a random truck that you just could't live without. Take your time and do your research fromt he search fruntion. While not everything that can go wrong has been covered, 99.9% has been on this site.

I bought M211 and I have spent much time reading through the older post. 95% of the time it has been discussed and for the the other 5% I reffer to my Tech Manual. If y ou know beyond a shawdow of a doubt that you are going to get a M35A2 then I would sudgest that you download the manuals and spent some time with them. You will learn much.

As for making friends on this site, their are fantastic people who will drop everything to help you out. As with anything there are a few people who will be quick on the response to bash you for a question that has been asked. Search first then ask and post pics. We are picture whores here (clean pics of trucks not actual......).

When you get your truck remember this: Don't talk about the walking undead and how well you are prepared for that, don't post a youtube video of you destroying some car with it, and remember you become a ambassador of sorts through this website.

Enjoy and I hope you get your truck and the friends will come in time.

:beer: Cheers from GA!

layinadeuce

i thank you for your time and how friendly you have been i have been looking for a truck for months and i found this web cite in my search. this has been the most helpful

cookeemann

Hey Brother, I'm just over the mountains in Clovis (well, a little further than just over the mountain).

I've got an M-109, M35A2 and two 105 trailers.

There's also a guy here in town that has quite a collection of Mil GL vehicles.

Shoot me a PM if you need any help with anything.

Cookeemann

area52

I am up in Aztec NM near the four corners area and I am having a get together on Aug 27th if you can make it.

I got most of my trucks from Barstow CA and got them shipped out here or drove them. I bought one from Govermentliquidation in Santa Fe.

Welcome and good luck.

Thrust

Hi Garrett, I am close by in Las Cruces. I purchased my Deuce locally last Nov and have done some upgrades such as muffler and hitch system for my small fifth wheel trailer. My deuce is currently stored at Elephant Butte lake for the summer. I used it to pull my buddies large trailer through some serious sand a couple of weeks ago. Keep looking on Gov Liquidation and in the SS classifieds. There are deuces out there. Welcome to the site.

Sirblissfull

The local MVPA club meets the second Sunday of every month in Albuquerque

Roadrunner Convoy Home Page

Great bunch of guys.

One of the members also has a vehicle for sale. Let me know if your interested in 5 tons I know of a couple M820 for sale and a M818 in the area. Earl at the ABQ GL lot is a great guy to deal with and I wish I could remember the gentleman at the Holloman offices name. " Too many head injuries "

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've already spoken up in another thread, and had a nice phone conversation with Garret. Good you man!

My mother-in-law and step daughter live in Alamogordo, NM also. We frequently visit there.

Y'all New Mexicans need to start a roster of those in your state like the one we've got going for the "West Texas Detachment". since the SS site is presently without a Member Map, this could be quite helpful. (see the link below)

FMJ:
Nice truck you're offering there 2cents

Best of luck to all of our NM neighbors.

layinadeuce

i thank all of you for your help. this cite is by far the best one to be on. i have been n GL.com and i cant find a good one around here the only one i found was no running and is up to 3000 already. i really hope i can find one around newmexico. if you now of anyone would you please give them my name "layinadeuce" you might get ahold of me garrett or eric we are looking to go in as partners on the truck

Hello Garrett, Welcome to the site! I am in Carrizozo, just north of you (57miles). I've attached some pics of my trucks
Sorry neither one is for sale. Ones my M35A2 and the other is am M915A1 tractor. I went all the way to Topeka KS to get that one! Good luck finding a truck! That one in Las Cruces might be your best bet!

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi Garrett, I am close by in Las Cruces. I purchased my Deuce locally last Nov and have done some upgrades such as muffler and hitch system for my small fifth wheel trailer. My deuce is currently stored at Elephant Butte lake for the summer. I used it to pull my buddies large trailer through some serious sand a couple of weeks ago. Keep looking on Gov Liquidation and in the SS classifieds. There are deuces out there. Welcome to the site.
You could have mentioned who you bought your truck from. . . . . :razz:

Dave08

M35A2 in New Mexico

Garrett,
You may want to expand your search area and look at California. I purchased my M109A3 from the Government Liquidations web site. The vehicle was located at Fort McCoy Wisconsin and I had to have it delivered to Florida via truck. I would recommend that you go to the government liquidation website and register an account and start looking for your vehicle. Government Liquidations is based out of Arizona. Good Luck!
Dave08

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garrett. I am not in NM but in AZ and would like to welcome you to SS it is a great site with LOTS of info. and some great guys.

If you need any help from AZ feel free to ask anytime.
:beer:

jmejia4

Rio Rancho NM here, :beer: good luck with finding a truck. I picked up mine from nmsu about a month and a half ago, Try GSA and GL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks