• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in SC

ByrnieMac

Purchased an '87 M998 off of GovPlanet a couple weeks ago, looking forward to my EUC clearing and getting her on the road.

Not new to forums, so I am looking forward to the collective wealth of knowledge on this site.

USMC vet. Located in Northeastern SC. Hey everybody!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats and welcome aboard Sir. You just missed the greatest MV show on earth last week.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Lexington, SC. I was in Conway two weeks ago, working on a Mass Feeding Kitchen (about 20 times the capacity of my MKT) with a Disaster Relief Team.

ByrnieMac

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! While my EUC was clearing, I graduated college, moved to Charleston, and started my new job as a DoD contractor. Most of the people I work with there are former Marines as well, so we all get along nicely.

My M998 arrived a few days ago, and my SF title form should be here on Monday! She needs doors, seats/seat cushions, top, new tires, and winshield wiper arms. Only shows 122 miles on the clock, so some fluids will definitely be getting changed soon. So here she is!
My pitiful garage barely holds this beast! I only have a couple inches on either side to spare!

I have since removed the mount on the back to free up some precious space in the garage...

ByrnieMac

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! My EUC cleared and I finally got my M998! She is a beauty and I am greatly looking forward to fixing her up. I will open my own thread, but here are a few pictures! Opening my garage door to see that front clip shoehorned into the space is too cool!
hmmwv1.jpghmmwv2.jpghmmwv3.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks