• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy....M1009 CUCV

E5USMC

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mac and I am a former Marine (2nd Mar Div) from the Desert Storm era. I have lurked here from time to time and have now decided to purchase a M1009 CUCV....if I locate a good one in time!!! Having spent plenty of time in the M1009 and M1008 in the USMC in the late 80s and early 90s, I really want to purchase one and finish it out just like the ones I remember to include the camo paint and USMC numbers.

I was pointed to this site some time back by a buddy who is a member and owns a 2.5 Ton and a 5 ton. He advised there is no better place to get info on MVs than here.....from what I have seen and read he is correct.

From what I have gathered the last of the CUCV inventorys is going to be released this year, so it now or never if I wish to purchase one from GL. I have been watching their site, and was hoping to locate some close to my home in Tallahassee, FL so I could go inspect them prior to bidding as i hope to find one in good shape if still possible. I have also been checking Craiglist, etc.. to see if anyone has one for sale locally as well. Any other thoughts or suggestions on a good place to look?

Thanks for having me and any thoughts, advice, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again and SEMPER FI,
MAC

3dubs

I highly recommend inspection:deadhorse: But what the hell! When my buddy saw mine he jumped all over helping me fix it. He told another buddy in Afghan and when he gets back in about a month he wants to help too. So don't get as mad as me when you find it is not as nice as you thought, or much worse. If you are planning on changing things then things being broke, that you plan on working on, just help keep the price down. Problems just let you know who your friends are. Good luck.

sps8072

m1009 cucv

You might consider going to the B&G MVT Rally in Aberdeen Md. the 21st-23rd of this month and look around. Failing that, I think that hawkman has a fairly nice M1008 up for sale.
I'll be bringing both of my M1009's to Aberdeen this year.
Here are a few pics. The tan one is about to get unit markings as well as inverted "v"s.

cucv2a.jpg

cucv2b.jpg

cucv2.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting that picture Blazer85, I've been trying without success to find info on how these were marked so I can do up my 1009 properly.

E5, if you find your pictures, could you post those too?

Cheers and Semper Fi

blazer85

Thanks for posting that picture Blazer85, I've been trying without success to find info on how these were marked so I can do up my 1009 properly.

E5, if you find your pictures, could you post those too?

Cheers and Semper Fi

No problem. I didn't know if it was correct because I was never in the military, and my dad was a Navy man. Go figure!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very helpful, thank you. Having not personally laid eyes on a Marine CUCV since 1986, my memory of the markings has faded.
I just can't bring myself to drive around in my M1009 with US Army on it! Nothing against you Army types.

Cheers

Last edited: