• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy needs a little wiring help.

TSgt.Kuchta

Greetings all.

I am new to SS (my 1st post) but have been going through this site and all of it's fantastic resources.

OK, so I purchased a M1009 about a month ago and have been slowly working on it to get her ready for a possible road trip.

I was looking around under the hood this morning and noticed a light blue wire (or possible some kind of vacuum connection) just hanging out in mid-air not connected to anything.

Try as I may I have been unable to figure out what this should be connected to.

The photo I took shows the wire laying across the driver's side valve cover.

Does anyone know what this should connect to.

Thanks Folks.

Attachments

i asked the same question i think that was a diagnostic port for the military i dont think it has anything to do with the truck running [thumbzup] if it bothers ya just take some black eletrical tape and wrap it up thats what i did

P.S im a newbie 2 lol Welcome to the site

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Steel Soldiers site.

Be sure to visit the CUCV Wiki at the top of the CUCV Forum page.

Visit www.jatonkasm35s.com webpage download the free technical manauls.

Actually that wire is for the Aux Fuel pump on the M1010 Ambulance.

On the M1009 and M1008 series trucks it is not used. There is a 6pin plug under the dash that it is a part of. The otherside side of the plug is empty.

Just tape it up out of the way.

Last edited:

TSgt.Kuchta

Thank you both.
Yes, it does bother me enough that I will just tape it up and pull it out of the way.

Really enjoying my M1009, lots to do and learn.

I am getting the truck painted soon and will post a pick when I get her back from the shop.