• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy saying hello

fastfreddy

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and I am looking forward to enjoying this site :) I'm looking for a 5 ton dump truck and my search led me here. I figured you all could give me the ins and outs and what to look for as well as who to get a truck from. I am qualifed by the army to drive up to the 20 ton on my military drivers license too :) just had to throw that out there. I have a 100k truck that I would be willing to trade for a 5 ton dumper in great shape too and the truck is in my profile.

zout

FF - welcome aboard - a former Mich resident of Amble Mich - out in the middle of BFE.

and before anyone can get ahead of me - how about some pics of your equip.

fastfreddy

FF - welcome aboard - a former Mich resident of Amble Mich - out in the middle of BFE.

and before anyone can get ahead of me - how about some pics of your equip.
I have a whole album of the truck but here are some highlights and if someone is interested in a partial trade I would pm them my phone number I have over 100k in this truck and no miles on it yet.

It has the very best of everything and everything is new from the drivetrain which cost me $8500 to have done right with 4.10 locker in the rear and chromoly axles and tru-trac 4.10 in the front with chromoly axles also custom driveshafts very heavy duty with 1480 joint in rear.

ATS full tranny with 5-star converter and commander was $8000

Powdercoated frame and braided stainless everything :) but I need something that I can make a little extra money with like a 5 ton dumptruck and I have 2 quaries within 10 miles of me that are more than cooperative about getting me a little extra work from time to time and this is survival not recreational money.

I started the truck project about 4 years ago when I had a good job and the economy was good but it's just not something that I need so I really want to get a 5 ton dump and I did find a bunch of nice ones but they want an arm and a leg for them especially since I know what they sell for at auctions.

Does anyone know of these people? are the ok? too bad they wouldn't trade for my truck :)

Thanks to you guys for welcoming me and sorry I start out on the site looking to make a deal but money is tight and my pride won't stop me from feeding the family.

Military Trucks, 6x6 Dump Trucks for sale - Oshkosh Equipment Sales, LLC