• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy w/710K in Las Vegas NM

BM59_Fan

Hi all,

New Member in Las Vegas New Mexico here.

I am retired from Lockheed Skunk Works were I was an Engineer across many disciplines. I am an A&P Mechanic, a Master Machinist, and a Gunsmith. I have the honor of being a Veteran of the US Navy and a Desert Storm Vet.

I have a 710K Pinz that the previous owner turned into a Camper. My wife and I use it to go exploring, tent camping, fishing, to visit old foundations with my metal detector, and look in old mine tailing piles.

I am looking to turn in back into a mil spec vehicle. The rear seats were removed to install a sleeper seat out of a VW Bus. The Antenna Box Mounts and Whip stubs were removed as were the radio trays in the back. If it were back to original I would run it in the local parades.

The screens separating the front and rear cabins were also removed. The missing screens are a problem for me as I really do not like to have things hitting me in the back and the back of the head when off road.

I would like to install a M36 "Type" Ring Mount on the Pinz so that I can mount my M1919A4.

KsM715

New member with a join date of '06? What took you so long?:p Hope you have a digital cam because you know we are going to ask for pics of your toy.

Oh welcome to the site.

BM59_Fan

Was born and raised in California. Left So Cal for a while when in the Canoe Club. Was stationed at Moffett Field (VP9) when Active duty. Got out in June 1980 and started working for Lockheed the same month on the P3 Program at Moffett Field. Moved back to Ontario in 1986 when I went on the F117 Program. Lived in Ontario and drove to Nellis AFB every week for almost 6 years to take a flight up range and back again. I was at TTR (Area 10) and deployed with the 37th TFW 416th TFS during Desert Storm. The Saudis thought for sure that the 7 of us civilians in uniforms and armed were CIA agents - GRIN. I was the Weapons and Avionics Field Engineer for the 416th TFS.

As for not being on for a while, my interest in the site was peeked again when I decided to look for info on a M36 type ring mount for my beast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks