• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy with M135

USMC 00-08

Welcome! Everyone is giving you a lot of good info. There are tons of parts available for these trucks but you do have to look for them. I have seen complete engine rebuild kits with rings, etc. on ebay.

Could you post up a bunch of pics of your truck...inside, outside, underneath, etc.? With those we can see what you might be missing, what might cause you some issues and also we can check to see what parts we have extra that you might need.

The Technical Manuals for these trucks will help you tremendously if you don't have them already. TM 9-8024 is the main one. TM 9-8025-1 is engine rebuild, TM 9-8025-2 is transmission rebuild. TM 9-8647 is carburetor rebuild. TM 9-1819AC is another good one. Portrayal press will have most of these. Sometimes you can find these reasonable on ebay.

These trucks usually require a lot of work to bring back. I've been working on mine for 3+ years and am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We are here to help you!

SEADUCEME

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks bunches and will do with the pics tonight, my eng builder did locate rings, rod and main bearings for me and a guy Everett in NY directed me to the head gasket kit in Ohio for 55$ very reasonable was 185 around here. So I'm about to get rolling on the eng and road trip the the next few weeks to get the 5sp /2sp transfer and I'm on my way. The sad part is it was all unnecessary as the previous owner drove it 70 miles and found coolant pressure in trans so he pulled the power plant and put in junk, but for 400$ I didn't do bad and like I said no rust underneath from sitting inside for 30plus yrs. the brakes go to the floor though witch I haven't addressed yet (no fluid leak) I'm hoping it's cus the compressor lines are off but ill cross that bridge when engines turning. Thanks for the info

twisted60

Guess the South Florida is for me, well if you follow the proposed line for Irma all the way to the big Lake and go East to the coast that's where you find Jupiter, but no worries I'm at my other place (Pattaya, Thailand), sunny and hot here. Ex is at the house, truck is in storage, so keeping my fingers crossed, nothing I can do from here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks