• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy with M35A2C?

Big Ron

Guy that had the SF-97 died and truck was sold by his family. Alt belts were broke but had replacement in hand. Batteries are fine and hold a charge were just dead due to running the lights when previous owner towed it behind another truck without it running. I got this truck from a family member. I gave him an old truck I had in trade due to the fact he had no vehicle and is in collage and needed a ride. Was going to just use it at my hunting lease where we have 88,000 acres of land to hunt and joyride. And if I can't get it legal for the road, that is what ill do.

Big Ron

Could it be possible that the motor could be locked up due to running it too long without a alt/fan belt on it? It didn't blow a hose and with not getting 24 volts to the guages the temp guage was not reading for me to see if it was over heating.

Big Ron

Yes sir. Batt 1 Pos post conn to hot wire that runs to motor. Neg post conn to Pos post of Batt 2. Neg post of Batt 2 is conn to wire that grounds to frame. All conn are tight on all cables. Checked conn on starter, solinoid, grounds, and Batts. All guages in cab wrok as well as lights and blinkers. Ign has the "fan like" sound when turned on, and when I hit the start button all I get is a "click" sound from the starter solinoid.

Big Ron

Now that Alt belts are back on to run the alt and fan clutch, should I try to pull the truck off and see if it will start or do we think it is the starter that is bad or the solinoid? Sorry for all the questions guys, I just want to do this the right way and not ruin this truck. I dont know of a good diesel mach. in my area.

Big Ron

Now just to get some pics of the motor so you guys can varify that it is a LDT 465 1C. Is that motor considered the "Whistle" motor?

Big Ron

I cant seem to get a title for my truck here in FL. I have traced the owners back as far as 4 people and they have all said that the original owner that bought it lost the paperwork from the Government. I dont know that to be true, just word of mouth from previous owners. One even said he thinks the original owner died and his family sold the truck. I was told by the Tag Office, the only way to get a title for this truck is to file a Declaratory Judgement in small claims court and get a court ordered title.

Chief_919

I cant seem to get a title for my truck here in FL. I have traced the owners back as far as 4 people and they have all said that the original owner that bought it lost the paperwork from the Government. I dont know that to be true, just word of mouth from previous owners. One even said he thinks the original owner died and his family sold the truck. I was told by the Tag Office, the only way to get a title for this truck is to file a Declaratory Judgement in small claims court and get a court ordered title.
GL won't help you here. Only the original buyer can get an SF-97.

It seems like we see this once a week- I think we need a big sticky telling people not to buy trucks without a valid title ( or equivelant from states that don't issue titles that old) and what kind of problems that can cause. Way too many people out there who are less than honest flipping trucks without getting the proper title paperwork done, creating problems for buyers down the road.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whistler has to with the model of turbo it has. Absolutly nothing to do with the engine model.

Model "C" turbos are whistlers because of the sound they make.

Model "D" don't make the same noise.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It happens a bunch with trailers too! The Paper Work is just brushed aside with casual indiference. Big Headache down the road, unless it goes to the scrapper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks