• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy with unplanned acceleration question

pistonium

Hello All - I've been lurking here for a while....have had a civilian 6.2L pick up for a couple of years, got a 1008 a couple of months ago and that's my daily driver now, got a 1009 a month ago, and that's awaiting an NV4500 swap and restoration. Had Chevy's of this vintage since I got my first truck in late 70's.

I've got a question about my 1008 - I first noticed this problem rarely: when coasting down a hill, an almost undetectable, occaisional, and shortlived acceleration of the engine was occuring. Now it's getting more common, and now happens sometimes when I'm running at steady speed with constant pressure on the accellerator pedal - the engine just speeds up by itself - quickly and a couple hundred RPM. It always slows down if I change the pedal position, and when I'm coasting down a hill, it never sticks at a high RPM. It did this once when stopped at a stoplight at idle too.

I've searched the manuals and the CUCV site and didn't have any sucess at tracking any similar threads or info....but I know it can be had to find things with the search engine here....I would be glad for some pointers to get where I need to go if someone thinks there is some existing info on the problem....

Thanks much -

combat jump

Piston,

I have noticed a similar thing with my M1028. Very slight, and only when decelerating from the highway. I suspect the injector pump will need a rebuild at some point.

Milbikes

I had a similar issue with my 6.5 diesel. In park, I tried holding the throttle at 1,000 or 1,200 rpm, and it would 'run away' and speed up uncontrollably. It turned out to be a bad injector pump. I don't know how different a 6.2 is.

pistonium

thanks to all!

Well I guess the IP is the culprit....time to pull it for replace (I've got some spares) or rebuild.....

Thanks for the help and confirmation of what's going on -

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks