• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy

Engine5

New guy here,
Love this site. I am the proud owner of a 5 ton 6x6 dump. I got it for the EMA in town, I am the Asst Director. The truck serial # is 05B80368952315389. It is built by Kaiser. Is there a site where I can trace the number to get info on this truck? I got it from another town where they have no info at all.
It runs and drives. I am going to take the dump body and pistons out of it to make a flat bed for moving pumps, hoses ,supplies and whatever else I need to move. Anyone need a dump body?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site. We have several fire/EMT guys whose departments use these trucks. Amazing how many uses these trucks have ended up having after their time in the service.

Now let's see some pics of it!!!!!

nopics

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is no website to try and find the vehicle history. After 18 May you can pm me the nsn and serial number and I'll try to trace it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and congrats. Dunno exactly what you are looking for but the truck is a 1968 Kaiser Jeep. Can you post up some pics of it. Did you get this through FEPP?

Engine5

I will post some pic's tonight. I got it through a transfer from one city EMA to my town Miilbury EMA. IMy plan is to take off the dump body and convert to flat bed. But I need frame extension's for the winch. It was taken off and they found it for me this week. It needs glass in dr side door and windscreen.And drive shafts for front axle and rear most axle.

Bendawg

Hi all. I was talking to the “new guy “on the phone today and I told him he could probably get a nice trade for a cargo truck instead of going through all the work of this conversion :idea: I’m sure a bunch of you guys are getting to ready to PM him right now :) I mean after all let’s keep the dump a dump right. It looks like a nice one.

Engine5

More pic's,
OK the first one is not my truck. It is my late buddy tearing the crap out of Lisa's antique christmas decoration. I seen it and I had to post it. I love it. And it pisses her off, an added bonus.

Last edited:

pa.rich

Trade you my duece for your dump. It will save you a lot of heavy work! My add is in the classifieds with pics. Mine is in better shape. Just needs some minor t.l.c. Seriously. 8) :) Its on the avatar on your left! Pa.Rich.Firewood not included. :wink:

Engine5

Does anyone know where I can find surplus tires for my M51A2. Most of mine have dry rot or no tread. I cant seem to find tires for it. I have tons of spare rims but no rubber.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Check with Berg tires. I don't have contact info, but some members here have been happy with their purchases from them. A search may yeild contact info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks