• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Hampshire bob job

NORTHWOODS

I could not help it. I just had to do it! The BOB job has started. I removed the bed using an old heating oil tank and a couple of tires. Pulled it off with my tractor onto a trailer. The rear end was a bit#$. I then cut 35" off of the frame (used my plasma cutter). I removed the fuel tank and the stuff on the drivers side. This weekend i will put a set of front springs on the rear, and one of the axles. I plan on building a custom fuel cell to put in the truck bed.
This should be a fun project! I want to thank Dave from Eastern Surplus for the M105 trailer body, Tires, OD Iron wheels, and tires.

I have some questions:

#1 What rear axle do i use?
#2 When installing the rear springs, is there any thing i should pay extra attention to?
#3 I would like to replace the 2 air tanks. Larger air supply. Any ideas?

Attachments

gregary

Anybody know the cab to axle distance I should have if I use a 105 trailer box? Also, should the spring hangers be drilled out to use 1/2 inch bolts?