• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Hampshire to New York

FDNY129

Hey all, I'm looking for a transporter that can bring a deuce from New Hampshire down to New York. Its about 310 miles total. I'm willing to pay the driver well for their time. PM me if you know of anyone. Thanks. ~B

scooter01922

What kind of transport are you looking for??? Big difference between trailering a truck from NH to NY and driving it. Where exactly in NH will it be departing from?

FDNY129

I would prefer it to be transported by trailer. I test drove it and all seems well. Thsi is my first deuce. I would just hate to get stuck halfway home and have to pay for a tow (which is much higher priced than a pre-set transporter). The location in NH, is about 1 hour north-west of Boston.

scooter01922

Well i can't be of much help then :-( FWIW i say drive it home. Do any PM needed right where it sits and head south. Going to be your cheapest route and any truck in decent shape should make it 300 miles easily. I am assuming that you are buying from a fellow SS member??? Loads of guys between NH and NY that could lend a hand if something were to go wrong.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drive it home, and hope it doesnt break down on the LIE or 95... Not a great idea....
The problem is if you break down on 95, the cops will call a tow truck for you, if you want it or not. They wont let you leave it there while you try and wrench it.

BEASTMASTER

check with a lumber co. in you're area. some of those trucks are drop decks and can haul a deuce no problem. might find a guy running to ny empty.