• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new headlights

Gunfighter1

Well i installed the new lights today, went in easier than i thought. Thanks to the TM i actually read how to do it first. There still really dim so i think i gota look elsewhere for my problem. Where should i start? The high beams dont look bad but the low beams are barely even visible even with the new halogen 55/60 bulbs. Think i should get the new wiring harness from LMC truck or look for some bad wires somewhere. This is pretty frustrating.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i installed the new lights today, went in easier than i thought. Thanks to the TM i actually read how to do it first. There still really dim so i think i gota look elsewhere for my problem. Where should i start? The high beams dont look bad but the low beams are barely even visible even with the new halogen 55/60 bulbs. Think i should get the new wiring harness from LMC truck or look for some bad wires somewhere. This is pretty frustrating.
Relay upgrade.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the LMC truck harness or something different? Got a part #. Thanks, im pretty bad with electrical stuff. If it doesnt have a on/off switch its usually past my comprehension.
Use relay to switch headlights on/off. provides clean ground, larger wire for less voltage drop, and removes load from switches (no burned out switches).

Linkaroonie

Attachments

OL AG '89

2 extra pair is better...

My solution looks like this..... 2 sets of KC day lighters... One pair in Grill, Other pair mounted to "package" tray (future winch tray).....
No issues at night on long stretches of wide open nothing....
Pair in Grill is actually "slim-line" lights......

Attachments

"I drilled holes in the grill"

I assume they're stud mount lights then? What part number, i was under the impression they were the m35 replacement lights
We're getting the Truck-Lite LED head lights and the Truck-Lite Auxiliary LED spot lights mixed in with this blog about headlights. I included a picture of my truck with both installed. The info for the spot lights can be found here: http://www.truck-lite.com/wcsstore/tl/resources/images/en_US/pdf/7InchAuxSpotNP.pdf

2013-03-20 12.57.47.jpg81701-lr.jpg07370-hr.jpg

MarcusOReallyus

Yes, you should do the relay thing; either build it yourself or use the LMC harness. But relay or not, DO make sure you clean up your grounds!

Biggles

Bulbs

I went with hellas#003427291 from Summit ,because you can replace bulbs not the whole assembly,takes HB-2 bulbs,I also did the harness upgrade from lmc trucks,huge improvement..was gonna do silverstars but noticed 150hr. life and went with hellas,because of replaceable bulbs,silverstar also makes a HB-2 bulb...
I like the idea of replaceable bulbs. Are these similar in brightness to the silverstars?

2HIJOS2126

Has anyone tried the LMC custom headlights along with the LMC harness upgrade??? I am going to do the harness upgrade anyways but was thinking about either the Sylvania Silver stars or the LMC custom headlights... I have the Sliver stars installed in my 85 Sliverado and they are ok... just wondering if the custom ones from LMC would be brighter...

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went with the Autopal E code headlights for right hand traffic. They're European spec, with a sharp cutoff, glass lens instead of usual plastic in cheap 6054 housings. I put in a bixenon HID kit, and there is ZERO glare, as the H4 has a glare shield, and the housings have a pretty good cutoff.

Night and day, and right around $100.

Best mod for price, by far.

They sent me 8000k bulbs instead of 4300k, but they're sending me the correct ones.

I'll post links if I get approval from a mod.

Make sure you get E-code housings for right hand traffic, NOT right hand drive.

Last edited:

richingalveston

techno, I want to know how these lights are working for you, I like the look. how much and where do you get them?

As far as headlights, I'm getting a pair of 55W HIDs in a blacked out projector housing... Less than $100.

DO get 4300k, DO NOT get anything above 5000k. It turns blue, and you have nothing but glare, and the inability to see in inclement weather.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
techno, I want to know how these lights are working for you, I like the look. how much and where do you get them?

As far as headlights, I'm getting a pair of 55W HIDs in a blacked out projector housing... Less than $100.

DO get 4300k, DO NOT get anything above 5000k. It turns blue, and you have nothing but glare, and the inability to see in inclement weather.

after reading many reviews, the unanimous opinion was that the fake projectors are horrible...

the autopal e code were unanimously praised, and I got those.

not my pic, but shows the beam difference and cutoff.

5017607-4.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKjME29IzI9(yBN4Wq)v8eQ~~_12.JPG

a bit of warning; while e code is superior to DOT standards in every way, putting more light on the road, reducing glare, etc etc, it's not DOT compliant, and thus violates FMVSS (technically).

RiceBurnerBrian

These look great, just wondering on size right now. I see in this pic they are 200mm = 7 inches. Now are the OEM lenses 7x6 or 7x4? My CUCV is about 400 miles away from me right now but I'm guessing they are the 7x6 lenses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks