• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here from Arkasnas...

roboskittle

Hello and thank you for the very informative site first and foremost.

My name is Jeremiah I am 28 and am currently AD USAF working as an Aircraft Mechanic here at LRAFB. I have been in 10 years and am now on the down hill slide toward retirement. Current hobbies include but are not limited to.....

cars, trucks, camping, electronics, music, guns (primarily primitive muzzleloaders for some reason), hunting, knives, anything with an engine on it, horses, and the list goes on and on... I try to do as much of this as possible with my wonderful wife Leanne and my two wonderful children Eternity and Gavin.

I am here mainly to soak up a wealth of knowledge on what has always been one of my favorite military vehicles before I purchase one. I am talking of none other than the infamous Deuce and a Half and all the variants of it. Seeing the Bobbed Deuce for the first time a couple months ago on a local forum it got my itching to get one either already bobbed or bobbing it myself.

Current inventory of vehicles include a 2007 FJ Cruiser which is primarily for the wife and kids to tote around in and I have a 91 Honda Civic Sedan which handles my back and forth to work driving. I also have a 1992 Ford Festiva that I will attempt to turn into some kind of auto x car in the future. I have had numerous vehicles growing up raning for a 78 half ton 440 short bed Power Wagon to things like an 05 SRT4 that could throw down with most factory stock sport cars.

I have never considered myself a guru of sorts but once I pick up a new subject to learn about I usually go to the max learning what I can before even remotely discussing it. I will try to provide my wealth of knowledge where it is useful and will simply keep my fingers locked up if it is not useful in any manner.

Again thank you and looking forward to perhaps meeting some of you in person and discussing some Deuces, Jeremiah.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment (see below) of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the fellow AF guy aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

You are fortunate in that GovernmenttLiquidation ("GL") has a site right in your backyard at LRAFB.

again....
W E L C O M E :jumpin:

cyruscat

Hello from a fellow Arkansan!

When your ready for that Duece you may find a good one on GL out of Camp Robinson, Ar or Red River, Tx. Both close to home for you.

Several other Arkansas guys on here to help and chat with.

Pinz25086

Welcome from Orlando! I am originally from Hot Springs and bought my deuce at Camp Robinson in LR. The MVPA has a great show up at Petit Jean Mountian in the fall. Most of the locals go to that show and it is a great place to meet up with some of the SS members and check out all of the trucks.

Wayne

RANDYDIRT

Hello from the mighty city of South Bend, just west of Furlow. Maybe what? 25 minutes from you? I am just finishing up on a bobbed Deuce. Come by and look it over.

Dirt

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

You are headed down the slippery slope of MV madness with everybody standing by to grease the skids as you silde by.

Best bunch of misfits you could ever hope to tie up with.

I bought four deuces out of LRAFB at one time a few years ago....the GL guy there at that time was a good fellow to work with.

I don't suffer from my addiction....I enjoy every minute of it.:D

roboskittle

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I know exactly where South Bend is. A few buddies of mine were renting a place out there just past the junkyard and church that burnt down a few years back. I had to start fresh with my tools and everything but must say the collection I have now is much better than what it was back than.

ARYankee

Welcome to the site! Glad to see another Arkansan on here. You will love this site and the people on here are awesome. I was up at the air base last month with the deuce, displaying it at the air show. I was handing out flyers for this site too. Currently I'm working with the Marines on Toys for Tots. If you ever want to come by, I have 2 deuces that you can look at and we can go for a drive in.

Also thank you for your service to our country.