• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new here from IL

naumanos1

Just figured I'd post on here. I'm currently deployed and found this site and thought it was neat so figured I'd make a profile. I'm interested in HMMWV's and parts. I bought a replica since being over here and looking for parts for it, ie doors, hood, lights, etc. I wish I could afford the real thing, maybe one day.

naumanos1

thanks. i would like to get a trailer to pull behiind my rig, think i may have found some decent ones in my area i might be interested in

3dAngus

Yes, welcome. I'm new too and have to say, I've never seen or been affliated with a site like this until now. I mostly do my research independantly. Then I ran across this site in Sept. I'm still set back by the wealth of information and the willingness to share I'e seen here. These guys kick butt (in a nice informative manner) if you have a question.

Parts are available from time to time. When not deployed, put up a "wanted to buy" (WTB) ad in the classified section.

naumanos1

Yes, welcome. I'm new too and have to say, I've never seen or been affliated with a site like this until now. I mostly do my research independantly. Then I ran across this site in Sept. I'm still set back by the wealth of information and the willingness to share I'e seen here. These guys kick butt (in a nice informative manner) if you have a question.

Parts are available from time to time. When not deployed, put up a "wanted to buy" (WTB) ad in the classified section.
I've been lurking around on here for about a month now, was gonna post in the classifieds, but then finally realized that you can't until you have so many posts, so finally decided to post. I've been on a car forum for years, and a motorcycle one, and since getting this vehicle, been looking around on these military vehicle forums and H-1 forums. I kinda like these ones more, a little more laid back and less arrogant as some of the others are. And the 4x4 ones seem to be filled with a bunch of immature kids, so not really to my liking, but this one seems good and filled with information and lots of pictures that helps.
BTW, I fly in on leave in a little over a week, I can't wait. been over here for 6 months now, and time for a break. I'm in Egypt on a peace keeping/observation mission, but still can be stressful as anything else.