• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here in California, for now!

eodcoduto

I recently moved to Twentynine Palms Ca and have noticed a shortage of military vehicles around here. Within the year I am hoping to sell one of my bikes in order to purchase a M109A3 or a M35a2 with an expandable shop body on it. Is there anyone close that has a truck I could look over and get some owner tips? I enjoy the forums and I can read the technical articles all day. Have a good day.

NovacaineFix

Welcome to Cali and 29 Palms as well.

Been there a few times, there and Yucca Valley, Palm Springs and such.
There are MV's around, but they are hiding about.

Look on this forum, there is a rally happening somewhere near Big Bear I believe on the 18-20th. I am new to the scene but from what I have heard is that there should be a couple of deuces, a few 1009's, and more, but I just don't remember the models.

Good Luck with your future project, hope you find one.
Stay Cool, supposed to be really hot out there in the Valley.

BTW, have to share a photo my buddy has on his Facebook page about 29 Palms, hope you enjoy it.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 11.20.09 PM.jpg

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, welcome to the life changing hobby! I spent about 9 months of an LDS mission in 29 Palms back in 2002/2003. I miss the people and the Marines. I still haven't went back for a visit, though I want to.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From a former Californian, welcome aboard from Nevada. You might try 100dollarman.com out in Lucerne Valley. Looks like he has some M35A2 & M109 trucks, along with other assorted stuff. Also try Military Vehicle Collectors of California (MVCC) good group.

eodcoduto

I just called him and he doesn't have any Deuces in stock anymore and it doesn't sound like he will anytime soon. I'll keep reading articles and researching parts until one pops up.

BnaditCorps

Welcome from up North in Solano County. Here is the link for the Rally. It is this weekend, the location is in the first post bottom line. Sadly I can't make it, I will be in Los Banos for the CFMA awards dinner, but hey at least both are still going to be fun xD.

NovacaineFix

I recently moved to Twentynine Palms Ca and have noticed a shortage of military vehicles around here. Within the year I am hoping to sell one of my bikes in order to purchase a M109A3 or a M35a2 with an expandable shop body on it. Is there anyone close that has a truck I could look over and get some owner tips? I enjoy the forums and I can read the technical articles all day. Have a good day.

There is a Southern California Rally coming up soon and pretty close to you as well.
A couple of the guys have deuces and some other trucks, but seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the other configs of deuces. For that reason, I would suggest swinging by and at least checking it out.

The link for the details of the rally is: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?144554-2015-SoCal-Fall-Rally

If anyone nearby has a shop truck project, they would probably know about it or at least be able to point you in the right direction.
I may be up there Saturday afternoon, depending on my work for Saturday.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just called him and he doesn't have any Deuces in stock anymore and it doesn't sound like he will anytime soon. I'll keep reading articles and researching parts until one pops up.
Stay at it and be patient, and you'll find the right truck. Also take a look here on SS, some really good trucks show up here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks