• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Hood Latches Don't Fit?

Edis06

Among piles of new parts I've purchased for the eventual restoration of my HMMWV, I just got in my new hood latches/dog bones. They appear to be real, OEM parts. Before installing these, I lined them up against the old ones still installed on the truck and they are about 3/4" short! I know the originals are obviously stretched, but is it normal for replacement units to be so much shorter? Anyone knows the answer, please advise. Thanks again!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Title says they don't fit, But didn't really try?

Sure they will stretch with the leverage and toggle over center latch. Check out the three hood stops / bumpers too. With all the piles of new parts this would be the least of one's worries. Put them on and go for a run around the block.

Like a pair of new boots, a little tight at first, CAMO

Edis06

I replaced all the bumpers already, and no, I didn't install because I wanted to be sure this was normal. For example, if the civilian uses a different stock part then that could explain things. The old ones already fit very tight, so with nearly an inch of rubber missing, then these may not even snap shut. But, maybe they will lol. I'll try this evening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks