• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Horn

TheWeatherMan

So I am a bit of a train freak too and since the air horn on the truck didn't meet my standards I decided to amp it up a bit. I installed a 3 chime Nathan P3 train horn up top of the cab... I just installed it about 30min ago and its loud even with the engine running. I will try to get pics and a video up of it soon but it just started to rain once I tested it out

Congrats man! I'm a 'train freak' too, installed a Grover on mine a while back.

p.s. You should have posted this in the thread you started earlier instead of starting a new thread. A mod will probably merge them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reminds me of my days woking midnights. My plan was to plumb an extra set of deuce horns into my garage air supply and mount them at my front door. I was then going to use the low voltage from the house doorbell and tap it into that. My reason was that if someone was going to ring my doorbell after seeing the do not disturb sign, they needed the wakeup blast when they rang the doorbell. Went back to days before it was implemented.

If I could find P3s I'd put them on my deuce!

Flyingvan911

Very nice. I am a train fan and work for Westinghouse Airbrake Company. We have an insulated shed where we test the horns that have been repaired. We wear double hearing protection and the air in the shed vibrates very stongly when they blow the horns.

Tlauden

That's way too cool, I like where you picked to mount them, looks good up there, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find them? I've looked at train horns myself but legit train horns cost alot of dough :(
:beer: