• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New...in Virginia

AmericanSteelWmn

hey guys!! I am new to the site, new to the MV world, and new to my deuce. It's not in too bad of shape, but has a lot of potential especially since our goal is to bob it. I had never driven anything like it before and was scared to death when my husband told me, just take it around the block...it's not any different than driving your Jeep...and IF YOU DON'T, THEN I'LL SELL IT. :!:(we had just gotten it a week before) so, reluctantly, I climbed up in it, and took it around the block, but when I got back, I thought to myself, that just wasn't long enough!!!:-D

You see, when I first saw the International CXT, I was in love...I wanted one just because it was huge, and na:twisted:sty! He said NO!! after a few years of my drooling :drool:over the CXT, I finally just gave up. then along came the deuce, with the trailer...and alot of potential. My husband found this site, told me about it, and now we have alot of support when we get to something that stumps us, or if we just have a question, or want a good laugh.

The really cool part is that he got the deuce FOR ME...I'm hoping that we will be able to join ya'll at some of the rally's and unless we can figure a way for him to get in it, he'll be following behind in his Cherokee. :)idea:maybe we can get some ideas on how to get him into the truck!...he's 'veritically challenged'-amputee) don't let that fool ya though, he's very talented...electrical, metal fab, you name it, I believe he can do it!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll be having a great rally in SE Indiana this week!(Haspin Rally) Come join us!

AmericanSteelWmn

:wink: I've got to bob it!! and put singles on it!! I just think they look really NASTY when they are short. :grin: If Bryant (my husband) would let me, I'd paint it PINK CAMO...but he won't let me:cry:

I'd love to join ya'll in Indiana, but I don't do road trips without Bryant, (1. because we do EVERYTHING together, & 2. because I get lost too easy-even with the GPS! lol) But he had a triple bypass first of May, and he won't be 'road ready' til the begining of July. (by the way, he is in here- 69desertchicken)

Orionspath

I'm looking forward to the Virginia rally over Labor Day Weekend in Syria Virginia just N.E of Charlottesville. If you need someplace to drive that truck to sooner than that, My Uncle will be putting on a "truck rodeo" Next Weekend the 12,13,14 June, west of Richmond off of Interstate 64, the Manakin exit. This is the same location as the September Field Day of the Past event. If I recall, I-64 intersects with Rt. 250 and it is here that this truck rodeo will be held. Google "Field Day of the Past" and you can get directions. OTHERWISE follow the thread on Virginia Rally in Syria Virginia. Oh and that Duece will carry that Cherokee anywhere!

AmericanSteelWmn

lol. I've seen a pic where some one put a honda in the back of one...I think it was on here.

I thank you for the invite to the truck rodeo, we'll have to see. She runs, and she can be driven, but she does have a couple issues that we got to fix first, before I take her on any rd trip. I hope for the most part though we will be able to make it to the Labor Day weekend rally though.

Opie

Single or bilateral amputee? If single, there are hinged steps folks mount to their bumpers to clamber up to the engine compartment which might be mounted under the steps by the battery box and the driver's tool compartment. If bilateral, could some sort of hoist (I'm thinking of ones used to get wheelchairs into pickup beds or the like) be mounted to the back of the cab/front of the bed to gain some altitude and swing into the cab? Just thinking. Welcome!

AmericanSteelWmn

I've thought about a BRUNO hoist...
He's paraplegic, plus single amputee...he was in the chair when we met, but a few years ago was bit in the foot by a brown recluse spider. That slowed him down a bit, but not too long.
When we got the Cherokee, it was bone stock, he built it into what it is today, he built my Wrangler. He's built several muscle cars...as far as turning wrenches, most of what he can't get to, I do, or we have a select few friends that help out...but he said he's done with the cars, so now we have the green monster...and none of the parts we have in the garage fit it....so he's started over!!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:wink: I've got to bob it!! and put singles on it!! I just think they look really NASTY when they are short. :grin: If Bryant (my husband) would let me, I'd paint it PINK CAMO...but he won't let me:cry:

I thought you said it was YOUR truck? Paint it what you want!! :grin:

Welcome to the site and look forward to seeing you and your husband at a future Rally!!!

AmericanSteelWmn

WELLLLLLL...sometimes it's better to compromise, besides...where would I get the CARC paint in PINK? For some reason, I just don't think that I want to put a glossy finish on it...that's ALOT of real estate to wax:grin:

gunboy1656

Just a thought,I am sure someone can finish my thought, but can a davit for a tire on a 5 ton work as a hoist to lift you husband in the truck? as in mount the davit where the front post goes for the gun ring

I think it would be an interesting idea, plus it will keep it looking military

Chevytruck

lol. I've seen a pic where some one put a honda in the back of one...I think it was on here.

I thank you for the invite to the truck rodeo, we'll have to see. She runs, and she can be driven, but she does have a couple issues that we got to fix first, before I take her on any rd trip. I hope for the most part though we will be able to make it to the Labor Day weekend rally though.

Westech was the one that put a honda in the back of his 5 ton. (i think)

AmericanSteelWmn

you will have to excuse my ignorance....but whats a 'davit'? it is that kinda sorta looking bowtie thing? can you put a gun ring on a rag top? well not on the top itself, but is there a bracket or something that it sets on..:confused:.I am totally clueless. I am sooo green, I know more about my lawn mower than I do about MV's
:jumpin:

gunboy1656

the front of the gun ring mount is the mount right behind the exhaust stack. yes goun rings are normally mounted above the soft tops, and sometime on hard tops.

The davit is normally used on the 5 tons to remove the spare tire from it carrier,. if i had pics I would send them.... I am sure someone can help me out there.

AmericanSteelWmn

tell ya what I'll do, I will post a new thread (I'm not sure, but it may get seen easier) and see what kind of ideas are out there. If it's made of steel, I know if he has an idea of how it will work, he can fabricate it to work.
Thanks;-)

AmericanSteelWmn

I know, I know...I got pics of the truck!! I'm working graveyard shift this week, so when I get off Thursday morning, I'll see what I can do about getting some pics of me and the 'ol man together...with the truck! k?!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks