• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New injection pump,still no start!

KRedd

Have you read through the TM9-2320-280-20-1 w/c 2, Troubleshooting procedures? Is the return line from the injector open, not blocked as this causes an imbalance in the Injection pump and will not let it start. For example in the above mentioned TM check page 2-106. This is in the middle of the troubleshooting chain but you can look at the rest of it later. The TM's are available in Steelsoldiers. Hope this helps.

Ok today had time to do some trouble shooting. Plugged off sensor on top of fuel filter housing no change. Replaced all rubber hose with new no change. Checked fuel pressure 10psi with gauge. Bypassed fuel filter housing no change. Pressurized fuel tank with a shop vac,found a good leak on top of the fuel tank. Iam not sure what's up there leaking. I will try and drop the tank tomorrow night.

Action

An air leak on top of the tank should not put air into the fuel lines unless the leak is on the suction tube / line. A gasket leak would be no different than opening the filler cap.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll get it narrowed down. If you are getting airs after bypassing the filter and having a clear line seeing them at the bypass, then it's somewhere in between the filter and where the line draws from the tank. Keep it up, you'll find it.

Ok so tonight I dropped the fuel tank the supply line on top of the tank was only in about two or three turns. I believe this is were the air was coming from it is late didn't want to wake the kids. I will attempt to start it tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

Volvo740turbo

Even with a little air it should run just like crap...dont discount installing a new lift pump. It solved all my starting and running issues. I didn't bleed any air after I changed it and it only took 5 short tries for the truck to start afterwards. Hope you can figure it out, good luck to yah

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent. Knew air was the issue here Don't forget to remove any clear line you installed while troubleshooting soon, from what my auto parts place said, not so sure it's resistant to diesel. Great feeling isn't it?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My new lift pump is not installed yet. Got home it took a few tries lots of white smoke then black smoke and it fired up. Runs good. Thanks for all the help everyone.
SO, did your change your lift pump, then it started?

Or, you just tried again and it started?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks