• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New jack for M1101?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Etrailer.com has a ton of them. May have to find a bolt on, I don't know if they have one that attaches the same way as mine does (I am assuming ours are alike).

warpigbbq

Etrailer.com has a ton of them. May have to find a bolt on, I don't know if they have one that attaches the same way as mine does (I am assuming ours are alike).

Thanks Buffalo. My jack seems to be fine. The wheel is the issue. It won't change direction and is stuck in an east-west orientation.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see. Well, some Kroil might break it loose. And a hammer!

I'll assume it is like mine, a caster bolted to the foot of a jack. If it is, measure the bolt pattern, go to Home Depot and just buy a new caster.

warpigbbq

I see. Well, some Kroil might break it loose. And a hammer!

I'll assume it is like mine, a caster bolted to the foot of a jack. If it is, measure the bolt pattern, go to Home Depot and just buy a new caster.
That's what it looks like , however the wheel itself is attached using a hinch pin and the caster plate is welded on to the jack. I'll get a pic later when I get home.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just bought two of these for my bolster trailers.Curt 28575. Granted they are 8,000 and 12,000lbs loaded up so this jack may be overkill but I found it on Amazon for about $60 each shipped. Rated for 8,000lb tounge weight. Weld on. But still a good deal.l They make a wheel insert for it for the slide up and down adjustment.

Attachments

Last edited:

DeadParrot

My M1101's jack wheel was bent and jammed when I picked it up. Also, when I replaced the OEM rims and tires with civilian ones, the jack+wheel was too tall. I replaced it with a Northern Tool jack pad. Had to drill the upper hole to match the M1101's jack. You might be able to find a matching swivel wheel at Northern Tool.
M1101-jackpad-a.jpg

With nothing to loose, I attempted a fix to the bent wheel. Used available tools to persuade it back to mostly straight. Then welded on a reinforcing piece to keep it from bending over again.

M1101-jackwheel.jpg