• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LED backup light

papakb

I've been disappointed with the light output from the stock backup lights on my 996 for a while and decided to do something about it. I found some heavy cast aluminum LED lights on Ebay that were selling for $7.00! A price that was pretty hard to turn down for a 24v LED. I mounted it on a 2 x 3 inch piece of aluminum channel in the void under the back of the ambulance body and it put the light exactly where I wanted it. Up under the body where it would be away from playful hands and well protected by the airlift bumper. I thought about mounting two of them but the left side is busy enough already and one light throws out a trememdous amount of light.

New backup light.jpg

Ebay item# 302631707756

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) Please link to Ebay auction.

2) Are you sure that's not the Mystery Machine Scooby Doo wagon? LOL

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You sure that’s the light. It’s showing 22 clams and you quoted 7.

Thanks for posting.

T

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That $22 is for 4 pieces. $5.50 each!
NICE!

I thought the "4x 6inch" in the item title meant dimensions, not 4 of them 6 inches long.

My bad, or actually the poster's/seller's bad.

Really jealous of your ambulance, but I already have a slantback. I bet yours is drier inside though.

Appreciate this and all your posts.

I will buy them right now.

Best,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks