• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LMTV

Hwhomes

Has anyone tried to put Dynamat under the cab but on the ​outside under the hump and surrounding area? Would it stand up to weather and heat that it would be exposed to? The inside of my cab is already finished, but I would like to add additional sound deadening.
Thats where we installed the 3/4" dynamat. Sure sticks well. Time will determine how well it stands up.

Kambaku, I would love to see pics of your finished interior.

Hwhomes, The door panels and headliner look great. I am going to do the same this spring along with a complete repaint and installing air conditioning.

I won 2 AC units made for these trucks last week. One will be for my truck and one will be for sale. It is just the cab piece but the rest I am sure I can piece together.
LMTV AC 2.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won 2 AC units made for these trucks last week. One will be for my truck and one will be for sale. It is just the cab piece but the rest I am sure I can piece together.
View attachment 605111
If you get a line on the compressor bracket I'd be interested in where. I have the interior unit (just not a LMTV yet) and want to be ready to install as soon as I get one.

It isn't yet. I don't want to turn this into a classified so please PM me with any interest. Once I know it is picked up from the base I will be listing it in the classified section.

Hwhomes, You need a Compressor, Compressor bracket, all of the hoses, the Condeser, Dryer, and all the wiring plus some other small parts I am sure I am not mentioning right now. The interior piece is the hardest to deal with as it is specifically made to replace the center section of the dash and have the heat built in. The rest can be pieced together off the internet.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have some different brackets just havent been able to verify that they actually work so I havent wanted to advertise any yet. I have fancy kits for the C7 engine wehring had one he was trying to mount on an A1 I dont know how it went. I have some ones I think are for the first gen trucks they are just one plain bracket though. I think the only thing I really miss from driving my M939 5-tons to the LMTV is the swing open front windows.

Hwhomes

Thanks. Piecing a unit together isn't for me. I will wait until someone has a complete kit and probably can offer parts and installation. The route you are going is much more then I want to tackle. Kudos to you.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some different brackets just havent been able to verify that they actually work so I havent wanted to advertise any yet. I have fancy kits for the C7 engine wehring had one he was trying to mount on an A1 I dont know how it went. I have some ones I think are for the first gen trucks they are just one plain bracket though. I think the only thing I really miss from driving my M939 5-tons to the LMTV is the swing open front windows.
Here's a list of parts supposedly from the HIMARs rocket trucks which the LMTV AC units were designed for. The person who posted them took the inside the cab unit then cross referenced it's part# with the others. Maybe you can use the part number from the bracket to cross with the NSN of your bracket.

Compressor: NSN-4310015274921 BAE Part #TV040084 Red Dot Part # RD-5-10427-0
Bracket: BAE #TV040075
Belt: BAE #TV040076-001

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks