• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1008 owner

wazdat

Picked up this former west coast truck in Las Vegas last weekend. 80,000 original miles, turbo from 6.5, 3" exhaust, intact 24v system, 1" body lift.

On the way home I picked up a pair of 82 saddlebag diesel tanks and a decent shell. After the 350 mile trip I'm considering the Gear Vendors OD cuz being passed by 18 wheelers sucks (and they're about 3 miles from my house)... :)

M1008_2.jpg

Last edited:

truck1

You will like the GV if you decide to take the plunge. They are pricey, but I've had mine 2 years with no problems. These rigs are not practical highway drivers without some sort of overdrive or tranny swap. Just a FYO if you buy from a GV dealer out of state GV will drop ship direct to you in CA. No state sales tax. Saved me about 350$.

Snohomishscott

Check ebay. There is a guy who shows up sometimes who sells GV adapters. IIRC, he is out of California. I believe they run about $250.

I found one for next to free off of an older ambulance/SWAT vehicle being parted out locally. Check craigslist for these rigs.

wazdat

Goes by "toystore4men" on ebay. He ships out of Santa Clara. He has various GV adapters, but nothing listed right now. You will have to email him.

Yeah, I've been in contact with him. He doesn't currently have one.

Hoping the network of enthusiasts here can help me locate one.

Snohomishscott

Of course I should have known you would be all over the ebay thing. I just found another ambulance this week with a GV overdrive, but just a 2wd & C6 adapter. Sorry. Watch the ambulance crowd. Lots of GV units there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks