• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 Owner!

Saber7

I shall call it.... Rusty! 1984 M1009 Chevy K5 Blazer with a 6.2l diesel engine. Drove it home 30 miles last night no problem after it had been sitting a year. Cruises at 55-65MPH no problem. It just steers really squirrelly on less than smooth asphalt. Now to get started on dealing with the rust, dents, and general clean up, new tires, ect....

Managed to find this one locally for less than what the owner paid for it at auction from Govt Liquidators after tax and shipping. $2500... more than I think its worth as a car... but its a diesel powered piece of awesome history as far as I am concerned

Whats the female plug adapter in the last picture? Power plug in for a radio mount? If so anyone have a mount, Amp, PRC 77, and vehicle antenna set up for sale?

Any tips on rust removal?

mr.travo

Looks like you got a good one Saber 7! Welcome to the addiction!!! Your interior looks GREAT! Use the search function and search the CUCV threads for TONS of knowledge! I have ALOT of people to thank for their help and tips. These trucks are a lot of fun and the 1009 takes the cake out of all the CUCV's (IMO)!

Post up if you can't find something you need or help with a task!

Saber7

Thanks all.

The rust is only bad in the front of the floor of the cab. Looks like the last unit that had it tried to slow down the rust and added some kind of coating to it.

I'm currently in the process of removing that coating so I can neutralize the rust and rhino line it again.

Other than that its in **** good condition. I just need to replace all the old weather seals and such.

mr.travo

Saber-

I am in the process of doing the same with mine. I am going to be posting up as I replace the rubber pieces so people can know what company produces a close OEM spec piece. Some are better than others and in some cases OEM is the only way to go.