• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 Owner

markx250

Picked up my first ever CUCV yesterday, a restoration from David Roth @ Southern CUCV. Here is a link to his build thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/75442-southern-cucv-resto-m1009-3.html#post970598

No problems making the 2.5 hr drive home yesterday ... my album has a pic of the rig at the rest stop on 95 just south of DC.

As of one month ago, I never even knew these things existed. On a deer hunting trip down to my old friend Steve's place ("Swiss") in GA, I became enlightened. He hooked me up with this sight and when I got back, I dug into the research. Timing was just right as David was just finishing this rig up.

I plan to use this as my daily driver along with light off-roading and will dump my 09 Dodge RAM Hemi (previous ride was a 2000 RAM 2500 with a Cummins ... never should have sold that :()

David has gotten me off to a great start but I fully expect and embrace that there will be work to do. I plan on leaving it as is for now, drive it, monitor it (and this sight) closely and fix what I need to. Then, when the weather breaks in the spring, I will start doing some preventative system maintenance/upgrades.

Thanks for all the help in advance and I look forward to contributing as well in the future.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks