• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M101A3 Trailers

Firejareen

So I won two fresh VSE rebuilt trailers from Ft Meade in Sept. Euc sent on 21 Sept and notified on Oct 4th that they were ready to go. It was alright picking them up. Had to sweet talk the two guys there that were in charge of loading to stack them for me. I told them how it would work and they were hesitant at first but surpised that what I described worked. So they were stacked and I headed home. It is a long and miserable trip through D.C. towing two trailers with a CUCV. But that was the shortest distance and I knew the route. In short, I got them home and they are great. One will be used as a junk hauler and the other will be my covered items trailer. Since only one had sides or a tarp. However it is missing the bows so I will need to find some or make something to hold up the tarp. I would post pics but my camera sh*t the bed and lost the pics. Any ideas on where to get or how to make trailer bows for an M101A3? Thanks all.

goodguyzy

I picked up 3 sets of bows and tarp off G/L. They do come around every so often. I would sell you a set but im a little far away for that.

Firejareen

I did flip them. Wrapped a tow strap around the axle, out the back and hooked to the fork lift, minus forks. Had them lift slow and it lifted right up. Once the lunette was mostly up I flipped the trailer and walked it over to the one hooked to my truck. Had them lower it right onto the other one. A little muscle and it was lined up about perfect. One of the guys was suprised it worked. I just smiled and told him thats how I planned it to work. It never touched the ground. They were concerned about scratching it and then being liable for the damages. I told them to relax and just do what I explained.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks