• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M105A2 Trailer - Any Idea on Year?

AZJason

Just recovered a M105 from Camp Pendleton - threw some air in the tires (had 2 mounted spares with me just in case) and flipped the lunette and drug it back home to Phoenix with a set of magnetic tow lights. Easy and uneventful trip in the diesel F250 with the correct pintle hitch and riser - and the GovPlanet guys there were great to work with. My first experience with GovPlanet (bought my M35A2 privately). I'm preparing to submit my SF97 on the trailer now and one thing I am having a hard time on is what year the trailer might be.

The data plate shows it as manufactured by "Johnson Corp" from "Bellevue Ohio" with a contract number of "DA-AE07-67". But the delivery date data I am having a hard time reading - looks like it ends with a 7, but outside of that I can't really read anything further. As you can see from the photos it has the single large landing wheel.

My understanding is that the M105A2 only came in the two air line config in 1977 or later. The contract date ending in -67 makes me think it's a 67 (or some year thereafter - but more than likely, before 1977).

What say the larger audience here? Any guesses? 1967 seem likely?

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

Its still got the old style landing gear so 67 sounds close enough.

It could be 77 as well, i guess it really depends if you state cares about the accuracy, in my state they dont care at all and title all mine as homebuilt because it doesnt show up on their computer program.

MtnSnow

My Johnson trailer with the same contract number was a July of 1968 so I would go 1967 on yours since the number is ending in 7

AZJason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks