• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1078 owner, newbie question re: Transmission Shift Display

ClassA6x6

Just brought home a 1998 M1078. When I press D button on the shift control pad, 7 is displayed.

Is the display supposed to stay 7 all the time as I drive forward, regardless of upshifts and downshifts?

Thanks in advance.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just brought home a 1998 M1078. When I press D button on the shift control pad, 7 is displayed.

Is the display supposed to stay 7 all the time as I drive forward, regardless of upshifts and downshifts?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Outfit!

And by the way, since it is your new-to-you truck snap us up some pictures! You will be surprised what it looks like in a month or so as you do little projects. There are TM's (Technical Manuals) for that vehicle. The "Dash 10" (the book with a -10 at the end) is the "Operator's Guide for any military machine. In your case, it would tell you how to put the transmission / transfer case into low range.