• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mav’s M1088A1 Conversion

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey thanks, I was trying to find the dude who installed an electric hydro pump and this is him so thank you for that. Also interested in that little dryer as well so searching for some more details on it. Not really a fan of the the tank setup but definitely some good ideas throughout.

EDIT: I found the dryer but it’s 12v. Still brings up a good thought on replacing the OE dryer while I’m in the process of relocating. Gonna keep digging.
Yeah I was hoping he would drop some more videos after he finished the initial semi-complete build of his box but he's kind of dropped off the radar... Life happens and gets in the way of our plans sometimes...

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey thanks, I was trying to find the dude who installed an electric hydro pump and this is him so thank you for that. Also interested in that little dryer as well so searching for some more details on it. Not really a fan of the the tank setup but definitely some good ideas throughout.

EDIT: I found the dryer but it’s 12v. Still brings up a good thought on replacing the OE dryer while I’m in the process of relocating. Gonna keep digging.
Here's a 24 volt one I found online. I don't know if it's compatible with hosing sizes and capacity etc but anyway here you go

Mavcaster

Looking at this fuel pump to transfer fuel from the driver side aux tank over to the main tank when it gets low.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want the tanks to be the same level all the time just put a crossover line on the bottom of both tanks and gravity will do the rest like on twin tank semi trucks

Mavcaster

If you want the tanks to be the same level all the time just put a crossover line on the bottom of both tanks and gravity will do the rest like on twin tank semi trucks
I will have to think on it some more, I did consider that briefly but unsure of the path of the crossover hose and the risk of it getting damaged being at a low point.

MECOMAN

Whatever this is, don’t think it’s a temp sensor…a switch maybe? I’ve still gotta look it up in the TMs. This port is plugged on every other 3126 manual I’ve seen so far.
Did you find out what the item in the picture was and did it have a cat part number?

Mavcaster

Did you find out what the item in the picture was and did it have a cat part number?
Yes it’s a thermistor which senses coolant temp to inhibit the cold start ether system above a certain temperature. Here is the link to one sold for the 3116 which I highly doubt a different part number was used for the 3126. Last I checked several months ago I couldn’t find one in stock but may try this one out.

Ronmar

Yes it’s a thermistor which senses coolant temp to inhibit the cold start ether system above a certain temperature. Here is the link to one sold for the 3116 which I highly doubt a different part number was used for the 3126. Last I checked several months ago I couldn’t find one in stock but may try this one out.

if that part in the pic is identified as a thermal resistor, it is probably not for the ether system.

On the 3116 the ether system uses a thermal switch(35F) in the coolant bypass pipe in front of the engine.

On the early A1 like many early EFI systems, it has 2 temp sensors(thermistors), one used by the ECU and one to drive a dash gauge. They also show the early A1 with a thermal switch, S40, which I assume is also ~35F coolant sensor. I am not sure where it is located on the engine.

The later 3126 and C7’s like more modern EFI systems used an integrated gauge panel and did away with the gauge sensor,
and ECU uses its coolant temp sensor to determine appropriate ether application…

Mavcaster

I would have to look into it a little more but pretty sure I traced the wire tag back to the ether system. It’s been a few months though so…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks