• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mav’s M1088A1 Conversion

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you mean by the “two pins on the side of the air ride frame?
The full weight of the cab is supposed to be borne by the pins circled below in red. The adjustment procedure is to basically completely loosen the cab latch where it attaches to the back of the cab, lower the cab until it is fully resting on the pins, then tighten the top latch bolts, lift the cab again to tighten the bottom bolts. The latch exists simply to hold the cab down, not to support its weight.

IMG_1438.jpeg

Mavcaster

The full weight of the cab is supposed to be borne by the pins circled below in red. The adjustment procedure is to basically completely loosen the cab latch where it attaches to the back of the cab, lower the cab until it is fully resting on the pins, then tighten the top latch bolts, lift the cab again to tighten the bottom bolts. The latch exists simply to hold the cab down, not to support its weight.

View attachment 898959
Ahh ok yeah those pins makes perfect sense now thank you.

Well using a chunk of rubber and my greenlee plug cutter I was able to make a puck that I think should work out.

coachgeo

wonder if one could make it even less clunky by slipping a piece of fuel? coolant? hose or something over the pins on the hoop and grease it well where it would rub? If room; make it 3x too long.. so you can once a year or so cut off the part of hose on the pin that is worn.... then slip the remaining back on again?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

wonder if one could make it even less clunky by slipping a piece of fuel? coolant? hose or something over the pins on the hoop and grease it well where it would rub? If room; make it 3x too long.. so you can once a year or so cut off the part of hose on the pin that is worn.... then slip the remaining back on again?
I rapt a piece of the aluminum backed rubber heat matting so aluminum and rubber keeps mine quiet and i dont even use the air ride bags and its quite !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starting to look so naked with the intake and tire carrier removed.

What are you going to do with the hydraulic manifold ? I took some of the lines off the back and plugged those holes on the manifold then laid the manifold on its side and mounted it to the bottom of the bed/habitat out of the way !

Mavcaster

What are you going to do with the hydraulic manifold ? I took some of the lines off the back and plugged those holes on the manifold then laid the manifold on its side and mounted it to the bottom of the bed/habitat out of the way !
I will be doing essentially that but remounting it to the original toolbox. My habitat will have two mirrored fuel tanks one on each side of the truck with space above for storage compartments. The area above the transmission will be a dinette and considering the seating for that makes space under for these storage compartments. I need to work on the 3d model to better illustrate that idea.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be doing essentially that but remounting it to the original toolbox. My habitat will have two mirrored fuel tanks one on each side of the truck with space above for storage compartments. The area above the transmission will be a dinette and considering the seating for that makes space under for these storage compartments. I need to work on the 3d model to better illustrate that idea.
I mounted the tool box to frontside of the battery box seemed like it was ment to be there ! Are you going to put the 2 frame rails back on top of your main frame like the 1083 have to give you the room for the suspension to fully articulate without getting into your habitat ? Looking foward to watching your build !

Mavcaster

I mounted the tool box to frontside of the battery box seemed like it was ment to be there ! Are you going to put the 2 frame rails back on top of your main frame like the 1083 have to give you the room for the suspension to fully articulate without getting into your habitat ? Looking foward to watching your build !
Oh that’s a good idea, I will have to look more into yours. I will be moving the air tanks aft to make room for the added fuel tank and the batteries into the compartment above the driver side fuel tank. I wont be doubling up the frame but mounting a “floating frame” for articulation.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh that’s a good idea, I will have to look more into yours. I will be moving the air tanks aft to make room for the added fuel tank and the batteries into the compartment above the driver side fuel tank. I wont be doubling up the frame but mounting a “floating frame” for articulation.
Will the frame be tall enough to let the axles travel to the stops without hitting anything ? They have alot of travel !

Mavcaster

Most definitely. Probably should go ahead and do that since I’m about to start modifying intake and relocating components. Also going to extend frame 2ft. Wondering if I could just get this thread moved to keep everything in one place.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Most definitely. Probably should go ahead and do that since I’m about to start modifying intake and relocating components. Also going to extend frame 2ft. Wondering if I could just get this thread moved to keep everything in one place.
Yes. REPORT yourself and ask for it to be moved by one of the Admins.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont worry he will move your thread hes in love with my seester he flew her over to germany durring the pandemic for a few weeks and they hit it off like peanutbutter and jelly ! It wont be long before the sound of little feet scurrying around the house images.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks