• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M151A2

cyrilbrd

Good evening all!

I registered a couple of months ago but didn't publish any post yet. Actually, i am french military working within NATO. This is the good opportunity to be closer to other military counterparts. I dreamt for a jeep MB for around 25 years. As life is passing by, i had not money, space for storage or time to get a classic jeep. Meanwhile, prices in Europe increased so much for MB vehicles that i simply changed of mind. As enlisted in the 90s, i was aware of all NATO vehicles and found the M151 so nice.

Arrived within NATO in summer 2019, i took time to share with foreign colleagues, including american soldiers. While seaching for a collectible jeep, i found adverts in Greece. The greek army got M151s from the 90s and replaced them with Mercedes 4 wheels vehicles (can't remember the name). So during COVID period, i went to Athens and visited for an almost restored M151A2. Got it in december 2020, but it was so challenging for the mover that i left France after Christmas vacation before it was eventually delivered. Batteries was tired during the travel.

Unfortunatelly, i didn't have the opportunity to come back yet. I hope to come back home by May. I am single and the family is staying in France. I just saw pictures after the delivery. The top cover is so old that water was flooding during travel from Greece to France (3500KM). Seats were completly wet and my son had to dismount them for drying at home. The garage is so cold in winter time that it couldn't get dry. The jeep is in good conditions. The previous owner got it from the Greek army as scrap and restored the body (paint, engine including gaskets, gear box and differentials). Due to a lack of parts, i have to complete the restoration but it is not so hard.

My only concern is to get the lady ready for the technical check in France. EU changes the rules in 2018. For example, if the washer pump is not functioning on the windshield, then it is a no go criteria. I got a couple of parts and hope to have no bad remark and succeed to register it.

The following steps in restoration will be to fix the tank (so rusty inside), and add some missing accessories. We will see when i am back by May 2021...

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard :grin:

Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Thanks for posting those wonderful photos of your MV. It is a fine example.

Again, WELCOME!

John Bariou (ancestral spelling: BARIAULT in the old French)
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good evening all!

I registered a couple of months ago but didn't publish any post yet. Actually, i am french military working within NATO. This is the good opportunity to be closer to other military counterparts. I dreamt for a jeep MB for around 25 years. As life is passing by, i had not money, space for storage or time to get a classic jeep. Meanwhile, prices in Europe increased so much for MB vehicles that i simply changed of mind. As enlisted in the 90s, i was aware of all NATO vehicles and found the M151 so nice.

Arrived within NATO in summer 2019, i took time to share with foreign colleagues, including american soldiers. While seaching for a collectible jeep, i found adverts in Greece. The greek army got M151s from the 90s and replaced them with Mercedes 4 wheels vehicles (can't remember the name). So during COVID period, i went to Athens and visited for an almost restored M151A2. Got it in december 2020, but it was so challenging for the mover that i left France after Christmas vacation before it was eventually delivered. Batteries was tired during the travel.

Unfortunatelly, i didn't have the opportunity to come back yet. I hope to come back home by May. I am single and the family is staying in France. I just saw pictures after the delivery. The top cover is so old that water was flooding during travel from Greece to France (3500KM). Seats were completly wet and my son had to dismount them for drying at home. The garage is so cold in winter time that it couldn't get dry. The jeep is in good conditions. The previous owner got it from the Greek army as scrap and restored the body (paint, engine including gaskets, gear box and differentials). Due to a lack of parts, i have to complete the restoration but it is not so hard.

My only concern is to get the lady ready for the technical check in France. EU changes the rules in 2018. For example, if the washer pump is not functioning on the windshield, then it is a no go criteria. I got a couple of parts and hope to have no bad remark and succeed to register it.

The following steps in restoration will be to fix the tank (so rusty inside), and add some missing accessories. We will see when i am back by May 2021...
Congratulations on your new toy!

Definitely looks nice today compared to where it started.
Don't hesitate to jump in to the conversations here and make use of the TM section as well.

Welcome to the group!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks