• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M275 in Arizona

ript

Hello all! New owner here - I purchased my '73 M275 about a year ago, and it just got delivered last night. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get home and take some in the daylight. She needs a little work (been sitting), but has low hours, miles, and runs. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as this new project gets underway, but just couldn't wait to say hi now that it's in my driveway.

downloading all the service manuals now... :clinto:

6GdZLTi.jpg

-Sean

dmetalmiki

Congratulations, and very welcome to the site and the hobby..What an exiting and super something to "look at" from your window..at your Xmas pressi and project just standing and waiting there..Have a <drink on me! and toast it!> I WILL be sat contemplating (admiring?) my collection at some point over the xmas period.."something in hand to slurp!"

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! 275s are fun nimble trucks, you will enjoy zipping around bobtail. Which multifuel is under the hood?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the owner of a few of them, you will find them nice and compact for grocery store parking lots. Contrary to what one might think, groceries on the porch stay put pretty well.

ript

Welcome! 275s are fun nimble trucks, you will enjoy zipping around bobtail. Which multifuel is under the hood?
LDT-465-1D :)

plant.jpg

I want to put super singles on it and go as big as I can with the tires, keeping all 3 axles. From there... we'll see!

should i be worried that i have the sprag t-case, or just deal with that when it comes up, if it does?

-Sean

2StateTrigger

Hello all! New owner here - I purchased my '73 M275 about a year ago, and it just got delivered last night. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get home and take some in the daylight. She needs a little work (been sitting), but has low hours, miles, and runs. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as this new project gets underway, but just couldn't wait to say hi now that it's in my driveway.

downloading all the service manuals now... :clinto:

View attachment 600047

-Sean

Welcome to SS. That's a KILLER looking pic of your rig. Looks like it's been lurking in the shadows just waiting to pounce on its next victim......CONGRATS on your acquisition....

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and welcome from southeast Indiana. Lets see some more pics of your truck. I too have an M275.
<That's it over there in my avatar.

Jeepsinker

Find a set of 11.00r20 G177s, they are tall radials. They will last forever, look good, and give you more top end speed.
I would get rid of the sprag case, but that's just me.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ript

Thanks for all the welcomes! Jeepsinker, Fuzzytoaster, thanks for the info and pictures, those do look nice. i may stick with duals, we'll see.

kblazer - here come some pictures..

baydriver.jpgbaypass.jpgdash.jpgfrontdriv.jpgfrontpass.jpghoursandmiles.jpgpassside.jpgreardriv.jpgrearpass.jpg

AZK9

Hey... Thanks for the pics! Looks to be in pretty nice shape! [thumbzup]

BTW... the Rock Springs Cafe is one of our favorite stops while headed to PHX!
The pie there is awesome!! :grin:

ript

thanks for the feedback, I didn't think it was in bad shape either. soft top is shot, but it's Arizona.. who needs a top? haha! I think i'll start with a complete fluid/filter change, complete lube job, and get this beast fired up. hoses and belts in there too at some point, sooner than later. maybe over the holidays... probably go through a case or two of wd40 while i'm at it on all the moving parts/hinges. then, figuring out what to do with it.. box, bed, or leave it alone? ah, decisions decisions..

previous owner had started it, but it ran away, so he choked it out and it's sat since. said they ran straight diesel through it, and assume they stuck/gummed the pump. gonna soak it with ATF and see if she'll limber up, but i'll have a choke handy just the same. Any additional advice before i start getting into it?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good deuce resource (spare parts and especially knowledge) is a man named Al Beren. He lives in Black Canyon City.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks