• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M813 coming home soon, need year and manufacturer

breelanr

New to the 5-Ton Forum, been hanging in the Deuce Forum.

I guess now I am running "multi-forum" :D

Awaiting EUC for new truck, I'd like to get insurance prior to pickup. I only have the vin# C125-10244, no contract# or registration# as of now.

Can anyone identify the year and manufacturer?

DDoyle, medlog or anyone, any wisdom to share?

Attachments

texas-5-ton

We have one exactly like it Ray. We use ours for fighting wildland fires and as I post to this thread, it is at a monster grassfire 20 miles north of here. As mentioned above, you will definately find that the power steering is a nice feature of the 813. Ours is also a 70 Kaiser.

breelanr

CanonNinja said:
i was eyeballing that truck... went for over $7k didnt it?
It did. It's a 1995 depot overhaul with 2002 miles, the engine and underside are in showroom condition. The biggest plus...I only have to move it 50 miles.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Here ya go:
Organization: 3RD BATTALION 140TH AVIATION REGIMENT, COMPANY B RECON

Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 5-TON Model:M813 W/W NSN:2320000508890
Serial Number:C12510244 Registration Number:5A54270 Year of Mfg:1970 Usage Miles: 1871

The truck was at the 3650th Ordnance Company Direct Support Maintenance Non-Divisional prior to going to the aviation unit.
There was no manufacturer cage code information but David Doyle should be able to help you out based on the year and type of truck.
Appears to have been turned in around Feb/Mar of 2007.

Hope that helps.