• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M818 win...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just two more days till I drive mine home Woo hoo I hope to see lots of pictures on this thread and I am praying both of us have
Hank trucks getting us home in good shape. I am asking the LORD to minister to my son during the trip he is a late maturing boy and I want him above all else to walk with God.

So cool we have lots of Steel Soldiers finding M818's God is good.

Michael

My EUCs cleared a week ago but they only go to Smyrna, TN every other Friday. They are going to be there next Friday and I plan to pick up the two trucks I won. Are you and anyone else going to be there?

Michael

I am going to try to get off between 6 and 7. It will take me about 4 hours to get there. It looks like I will be towing the M818 with the M109. I priced insurance today and they wanted $220 to add the van and $1500 for a commercial policy on the tractor. So I went ahead and added the van and I am having to think about insuring the tractor. I just don't think I will use it that much.

alphadeltaromeo

Michael...I won't be able to get mine this Friday as I have other commitments. However, they will be back in a few weeks as mentioned and I'll go at that time to pick it up. Thanks for the comments folk. I did pick up 250 tent 1/2 shelters today from Warner Robbins. We also visited the flight museum and really enjoyed it. It was super windy today though.

Oh, from what I was told, Jason or Jay will only be at the Smyrna site from 9:30-1 or just after 1.

Sorry that I'll miss some of you fine folk - Andy

alphadeltaromeo

Update: this Friday the 11th I'm going to Smyrna TN to get the truck. The route I'll be taking is as follows...

Hwy 27 North, GA
Hwy 53 North, GA
Hwy 75 North, GA - TN
Hwy 24 West, TN - Smyrna destination

It's doubtful that my SS co-driver will be coming, but wife and children will be driving with me to get the truck. If anyone is on my route and I have issues, a number would be good to call...but certainly no pressure to respond, as I know it's a work day for most...if not all. If someone has a burning desire to join me in the adventure and ride up with us and back with me...holla, but again...no pressure :)

Yes, I'll take pics and provide a short story upon arrival at home.

Andy

MilitaryRestoration

u guys midwest and east coast i envy hehe always better looking trucks with upgrades too... oh well that just means more fun/work for me building mine heheh already have a winch lined up and just haven't decided on what tires to put on yet...any suggestions? m818 btw

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Andy:
I will keep you and your family in my prayers and hope to see some great shots from the chase vehicle. As you know our 1,200 mile recovery went pretty well and got my oldest son Christian hooked on old military iron. Have fun and make sure you do a good PMCS before you head out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, I don't know how the 818 will respond to the 6% grade decent so be cautious coming off the top of Monteagle on 24 in TN.

alphadeltaromeo

Thanks guys...

Kenny...I'll be sure to let you know how it does *grin*

David...I'll go through it to make sure all looks good before taking off [thumbzup]

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ADR you pass within 6 miles of my house, if you need anything give me a shout and I can give a hand.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see by your latest avatar, you are getting a little "antsy" for Friday!