• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member and new M1009

SRB1976

New Member saying hello and thought I introduce my new steel soldier. Friday I went up to Sheridan and bought a 1984 CUCV M1009 Blazer. Pretty much complete with 11,400 original miles! It needs a little bit of work but it runs like a top. Anybody know what that plug looking thing is with the circuit board in it is for?

Attachments

combatmech

forest522

Welcome sir! I'll second and encourage the tech manual downloads and browsing of the forums at the top of the CUCV forums page.

There are several good places to find parts and the classifieds are helpful too.

I've learned here that following the PCMS service tips is a good idea.

Welcome to the obsession - they are great trucks!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you ever get down to Denver, there's a club there that shares your OD insanity.

MVCC Online: Home

I know Rawlins is a bit of a distance from them, but they are great folks for sure. Just in case you ever NEED reaffirmation that you're NOT the only person who feels like this towards these trucks.

Welcome to the Green Iron Disease!!

TXM1009

Congrats! Looks like it's in great shape. Gotta wonder about Army drivers....How the **** do they constantly dent the doors?
My passenger door is like that also. The PO got is pushed back, but it is still far from straight. He had a spare door to replace it. now I just need to pull the glass and swap the doors.

SRB1976

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. This my first Military truck and always wanted one since I was a kid. The truck needs a little TLC but runs really good and I've been driving it everyday since I bought it. It's really a blast to drive and gets quite a bit of attention. The funny thing is it wasn't meant to be my daily driver! My plan is to keep it as stock as possible. No lift or anything like that. Everything seems to work in the truck but the previous owner disconnected and removed the black out light switches and wired up the headlights independent from the toggle switches. I do have the switch panel with both switches and hooked it up and found out the black out lights in the bumpers and the drive light in the grill still work!:) But he cut two of the wires ( orange with a black stripe) on the service light switch harness and spliced into a hot wire so they would work and also an orange wire I assume is for the brake lights? He said there was a problem in the switch and disconnected it. Any way to fix it?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks