• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member and new to my M35A2

Rolo

Hi everyone, I've heard and read nothing but good things about this site. I look forward to learning and lot and contributing whatever I can. I'm an Air Force vet. E&E on the tank busting bad a$$ A-10 !!! Anyhow, I still look forward to conversing with y'all on here. I've purchased a 1971 M35A2 multi fuel. The nameplate says wo/w but it has a winch. Im starting with a stuck clutch and no brakes as my first hurdles to cross. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure why, but I can't upload truck pics.

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on the new truck and welcome to the site.

The brakes are a common issue on that truck. There is plenty of information on fixing them, but depending on where it stands, a full rebuild of the system wouldn't be a bad idea. That way you will know it's good to go.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and congrats! I bought my 1st '71 A2 one year ago. Have spent most of the time working on it. This is an awesome site and many, many knowledgeable members. Just ask about what you need. Probably still has single circuit brakes, they came that way but can be upgraded to dual. I'll be upgrading mine next year.

Rolo

Congratulations on the new truck and welcome to the site.

The brakes are a common issue on that truck. There is plenty of information on fixing them, but depending on where it stands, a full rebuild of the system wouldn't be a bad idea. That way you will know it's good to go.
Thanks, just trying to find time to work on it is harder to do than actually working on it.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I have the time, I don't have the money. And when I have the money, I don't have the time.
:ditto::ditto::ditto:aua

Welcome to the site bud! I'm sure you have, but to really get to know your girl, go to the TM section, download the ones that end with -10 (Operators manual) and -20 (maintenance manual), peruse them and that'll give you a good heads up in what to look for!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and congrats on the new to you truck. Yes, you have come to the right place to learn and ask questions about MVs. The TMs for your truck are free to download (at the top of the Deuce forum) and are chock full of information. I'm still learning how to use that info myself 😂 but it's there. If you get lost or stuck don't worry I think we have all been there. Glad to have you aboard!

Rolo

:ditto::ditto::ditto:aua

Welcome to the site bud! I'm sure you have, but to really get to know your girl, go to the TM section, download the ones that end with -10 (Operators manual) and -20 (maintenance manual), peruse them and that'll give you a good heads up in what to look for!
Thank you very much!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi everyone, I've heard and read nothing but good things about this site. I look forward to learning and lot and contributing whatever I can. I'm an Air Force vet. E&E on the tank busting bad a$$ A-10 !!! Anyhow, I still look forward to conversing with y'all on here. I've purchased a 1971 M35A2 multi fuel. The nameplate says wo/w but it has a winch. Im starting with a stuck clutch and no brakes as my first hurdles to cross. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure why, but I can't upload truck pics.
Welcome to the Outfit!

The Hog is an amazing piece of hardware!
We thank you for your service and the time you spent as a hog driver. :)

----

The stuck clutch might be really simple. With the truck sitting for a time, they have been known to rust together. A little help with a sharp putty knife gently tapped up between the flywheel and clutch disk could free it up. Tap some, rotate the flywheel with a big fat screwdriver, tap, rotate. You know the drill "Lather, Rinse, Repeat".

We recently had a member with a M37 and a stuck clutch - and the solution was the same. More details here:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks