• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member first mv

cjotto

Hey guys just got my first mv yesterday and found this site. First all thanks this site is great. i am new to the cucv but have had chevy pickups for 15 years. Heres a pic of my newest toy and of my rig that it will be supporting
attachment.jpg

Picture 067.jpg

my cucv is going to be built as a recovery repair and tow rig for wheeling trips. i think i got a good deal on it. paid 1650. going to start working on it this week. first thing will be a 12 volt conversion and get it running. then im swapping the tons over to the trail rig and putting the 3/4 ton front with 5.13s and an arb and a ff14 with 5.13s open in the rear. 37" h1 tires on some stock 16.5 rims and my homemade bumper wit a winch then aux lighting. that should get me where i need to be for awhile

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that looks like a great deal for that truck :shock:. You want your money back? Shoot, I'll even give you a few hundered profit ;-).

Where is Rogersville? I'm thinking east TN.

cjotto

yeah i am very excited about it, nah i have been wanting to build a rig like this for a few years now i got a huge head start:p. just need a welder for the bed. yep about an hour ne of knoxville.

srodocker

nice. My deuce is the last resort recovery vehicle if needed hehe. i want to get a willys nothing to fancy as they fit in the bed of the truck.

cjotto

I dont know if he had it on craigslists or not i found it on pirate. Colonel: hey thanks the club looks great when i get it up and going i just might give you guys a shout and join you on some rides. well im going to go start getting this thing running will post some pics of what i get done today. :beer:

cjotto

Well got the truck all cleaned out today and did some close inspections of motor and drivetrain. everything seems to be in very good shape.:) the only thing that im a little worried about is the flex plate the teeth are rolled bad but im going to put a starter on it and see if it works before i tear the thing down to change it. it seems someone else has already started a 12v conversion as well gonna have to double check their work. dont trust many other peoples work learned that the hard way.
heres some pics

Attachments

cjotto

one ?. what is the red indy light and toggle switch next to the gen gauge for?
also generator hour meter says 9.3 :!: no wonder everything looks brand new

rnd-motorsports

2cents with the cost of a starter for a 6.2 after seeing that flywheel I would change it before I put a starter in it! cool lookin truck you got, have a brother inlaw lives in morristown I think that is not far from you.

cjotto

2cents with the cost of a starter for a 6.2 after seeing that flywheel I would change it before I put a starter in it! cool lookin truck you got, have a brother inlaw lives in morristown I think that is not far from you.
i found rebuilt starter for $75.00 at db electric. and i don't think it'll kill it to try it and see if it works.

yeah morristown is 25 miles down the road.

cjotto

hub

the guy i bought it off of had a dually hub on the front to get it home. he put the original back on after he got it home. good eye i didn't spot that til the day i was going to pick it up.