• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member from belgium

yoeri

tnx for the warm welcome all :)

found the forum when searching after information about restoring a Dodge WC.
have been reading a full day on the fine and high quality restoration of a Dodge WC51

i will be very proud when mine gets half that nice.

grtz

yoeri

Another Ahab

Another Ahab

yoeri

@Another Ahab: i do understand what you mean.
but it's just a fact that lots of people are ignorant about things like history or other stuff.

they just have other interests than knowing where on the map a country or region is situated.

just last week some friendly neighbour informed me that it's just crazy to spend that much time and money in restoring what he called an old pile of scrap metal...
for him it's just old scrap , for me a marker in history.

but i do know that he has the same idea about musea, just a collection of useless old junk.
i don't argue with him , i just let him live the way he wants to :)

i gues all of the members here do know where belgium is on the map, but as a result of getting the question on other forums and chatsites i've grown acustomed to add it to my new member post :)

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

this year will be the first visit to war and peace show :)
but not with the mv , will be with the every day car and just a day .

the MV is not in shape to drive herself, she needs a total frame of restoration.
when i found her she had been standing in a shed for about 12 years.
That is a long way for one day unless you are staying somewhere and touring. Look for the 60 foot mast and American flag on my reo. Come and chat with us.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome.

Where at in Belgium? Travelled through just about every nook and cranny of Belgium. Probably spent enough time there to have been declared a resident (LOL).

yoeri

That is a long way for one day unless you are staying somewhere and touring. Look for the 60 foot mast and American flag on my reo. Come and chat with us.

will do that :)
reason for the one day trip is the fact that i don't have a plce for the dogs and their bench :)

probably next year for the entire time of the W&P

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
in the vicinity of leuven ( region flamish brabant)
I used to get on the A3 at Eupen/Verviers to Brussels. Sometimes I'd go to or from Brussels via Maastricht or Bastogne---depending on how much time I had, traffic expected and whatever direction the Lord pointed me.

yoeri

is inderdaad best een hoop werk :)
om te beginnen al eerst de flanken van het cargobed repareren.

zal er straks ook een foto van posten

maar we doen het graag.
moeilijkste zal zijn de kd box te vinden of namaken

Another Ahab

in the vicinity of leuven ( region flamish brabant)
I have a neice at the University in Leuven, yoeri; small world!

She's fluent in French (and also Russian, and now! wants to start learning Spanish), but her program at the University is all taught in English. I thought that was kind of funny.

Last edited:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Yoeri from the left coast (California). I remember climbing lots of stairs inside
the Atomium back in '61 on a vacation to Europe while in school in England.