• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Dallas/Ft. Worth area - New M1123 Owner

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for accepting me as a new member. New owner of a late 90's M1123, about to undergo a 4 door conversion, paint, and more. Look forward to learning from everyone here and meeting some other locals.
Like all the other guys mentioned - Welcome to the outfit!

There are lots of good folks out there in Texas that have MVs and are willing to point you in the right direction for parts and information. As mentioned, grab a bunch of pictures of your New-To-You vehicle and post them for the rest of us to oogle. You will find the TM's (already mentioned) handy. Incredibly DRY reading but there is a -10 that is the owners manual and a -24 that will help you find part numbers. There are flow charts on how to solve a problem that will point you to a solution faster than just staring at the problem. :)

Again, welcome to the site and congratulations on your new member of the Big Green and Tan family!

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Initial findings….

Surge on cold start. Voltage gauge bounces back and forth in the green range for several minutes while the engine surges in sync with the gauge moving. Once it warms up, this eventually stops and gauge settles in the green.

Leaking rear diff (I think) at passenger side seal behind the brake rotor. Gets worse after a drive. Fluid is greenish… maybe water intrusion? Pretty decent leak.

Leaking fuel pump, see photos. Pretty wet on the underside of the pump.

Aftermarket Midwest top and x doors from prior years, marked as ‘92. All for sale soon!

Leaking fuel tank at filler neck or sender… no access panel in the tunnel

Holes all over from the MAK upfit in ‘09. Worst are the ragged ones on the top of the bedsides/rear fenders. Any ideas how to cover these up. Didn’t see when I purchased with the troop seats down.

Leak in the Red Dot

Shoulder belts don’t retract

Attachments

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like all the other guys mentioned - Welcome to the outfit!

There are lots of good folks out there in Texas that have MVs and are willing to point you in the right direction for parts and information. As mentioned, grab a bunch of pictures of your New-To-You vehicle and post them for the rest of us to oogle. You will find the TM's (already mentioned) handy. Incredibly DRY reading but there is a -10 that is the owners manual and a -24 that will help you find part numbers. There are flow charts on how to solve a problem that will point you to a solution faster than just staring at the problem. :)

Again, welcome to the site and congratulations on your new member of the Big Green and Tan family!
Thank you! Pics are up finally.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, you'll find lots of great info here, if you haven't downloaded the TM's (manuals) do so you'll learn a lot.
I've found M998 TM's but can't seem to find the A2/M1123 TM's. Probably newbie user error, but could you point me towards the correct TM's by chance? Thank you!

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks