• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from DE

cdohner44mag

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning everyone. Names Craig and I recently decided I didn't have enough expensive hobbies so I went and bought a M1123. I've always wanted one and a few months back a buddy of mine got a M1114 and that's all it took for me to finally pursue one myself. So it finally came last week and as soon as the wheels hit the ground we were tearing into her, looking over everything pulling out all the goodies left behind and checking fluids. I was shocked to find the doors, two man top, and troop cover with bows all there, although not in perfect condition but I'd say 80%. We also found tool kits, tow and ratchet straps with shackles, 2 jacks, wheel chocks and a never used first aid kit. I wasn't planning on running it until I serviced it but after checking everything and it seemed it was serviced the same day it was decommissioned, we did put new batteries in just to start and run for a few minutes. Started and ran like a charm. I put a whopping 2 miles on it, took it back home and power washed everything and put her in the garage where she'll stay until servicing is complete.20231026_133826 (1).jpg20231026_133836 (1).jpg20231026_133859 (1).jpg20231026_133912 (1).jpg20231029_155519 (1).jpg20231027_164055.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mighty fine rig!

Welcome!

FYI all technical manuals/TM’s are free here for these vehicles.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Craig

Nice rig! But these photos are all made in the us... you sayed you located in germany?!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured it was Deutschland.

But you are probably more correct Hunvee

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL...You realize again how strongly you are influenced by your own point of view.
From my point ov view... DE is germany ;-)

I didn't even begin to doubt it. Only the photos made me suspicious.
My HMMWV had a DE (Delaware) title that made it eligible for registration in DE (germany)... because everything >1990 is like HMMWV in FlL/NY

cdohner44mag

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a quick update on my 1123. I've already received my SF97, which I was shocked to get so fast seeing as a friend of mine bought one back in June and still has not received his. I am at a stand still at the moment as far as doing any work on it, I have an open dispute with GP because the listing said it had a turbo which it does not. No clue how this will turn out, haven't heard from them in a week. Hopefully will this week, ready to get this thing on the road!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks