• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from Idaho

adv789

Hi Guys, my name is Ryan, and i am new to this whole MV hobby. I just bought my first M54a2. It has the LDS 465a1 multifuel turbo diesel. i hope to get some pictures of it up really soon. however it smokes alot when i get on it, and i was wondering if that could be due to bad or clogged injectors. im thinking about just replacing all 6 of them, to see if that helps. does anyone have any suggestions? it is much appriciated. by the way im only running diesel through it, i have no idea what the last owner ran it on, if that helps anything.

Thanks again. :)

wsucougarx

Welcome aboard!! You say it smokes when you get on it. Well my friend join the MV club. They all smoke when you get on them:wink: What color is the smoke? Black, white, grey? Have you changed out the fuel filters, air filters, and oil filters?

adv789

Welcome aboard!! You say it smokes when you get on it. Well my friend join the MV club. They all smoke when you get on them:wink: What color is the smoke? Black, white, grey? Have you changed out the fuel filters, air filters, and oil filters?
Its black smoke. and no i have not changed any filters yet. i should have probably done that before i ask that question. but i do thank you because it gives me a place to start. that brings me to my next queston... where do you find filters for these kinds of trucks?

Thank you mike.

wsucougarx

No worries on the black smoke, he may have turned the fuel up a bit. You're basically pushing too much fuel through your engine. So much so the fuel is not being combusted...thus black smoke. Well there are a number of fine Military Vehicle places to order parts and filters. Try TNJ Murray, Memphis Equipment, NAPA. I really don't know much about parts for your particular truck but there is a cross reference section that you can find above under the resources tab

waayfast

Welcome to the maddness! Good to see another feller from Idaho on here.Fuel pumps are "turned up"in order to get more power than you would get from a "stock setting".In extreme cases if you are REALLY putting the power to it (and perhaps lugging/overloaded) you run the risk of burnin' the ol' girl down (produce so much heat you ruin it). Highly unlikely if the truck is unloaded.Yeah, use the recource thingy to find the TM,s.
Jim

adv789

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. im thinking on getting a pyro, to see what my exhaust temps are running. is there a specific one you might suggest, and where do i put it when i get it. should it be in the exhaust manifold, or near the turbo? this whole diesel thing is new to me.... i know my way around a gas engine pretty well but diesel is new to me. lol

adv789

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. im thinking on getting a pyro, to see what my exhaust temps are running. is there a specific one you might suggest, and where do i put it when i get it. should it be in the exhaust manifold, or near the turbo? this whole diesel thing is new to me.... i know my way around a gas engine pretty well but diesel is new to me. lol
Does anyone have any advice?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks