• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from NC

Hello everyone my name is Matthew. I have always been a pro Military guy, Grandfather was in the Corps for like 35 years. I too hope to have the privilege of joining the corps, hopefully soon. I have always liked some of the military vehicles and equipment but actually owning some of it was always sort of a pipe dream. Now I know I really can get some of these things for personal use. I am really looking forward to being a member to this forum, I have a lot to learn but I may also be of some assistance to someone.

I was born right here in NC and have lived here my whole life not counting a few months in Missouri and a couple prolonged visits in Germany/Europe when my brother in law was stationed over seas. I live in Willow Spring, which for those of you who know where that is, I live less than a mile from the old Willow Springs mud pit where they used to have a mud-sling typically first Sunday of every month.

Many thanks to the guys who keep up this website and keep it available for people to have a source of not only info but guidance and wisdom.

Old Hillbilly

Apologies to the OP for jumping in on his thread but I am new here and from North Carolina also. I live in the far western end of the state in the mountains, not far from Grandfather Mountain...and just wanted to say hello! I have visited this site many times before but never as a MV owner, until now. About a month ago I bought my first, an M1009 and I love it. The info I have learned here thus far has been a tremendous help for a newbie like me!