• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from SC

longbaugh

Hey all just wanted to let you know this is the best source around for info on these awesome trucks. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself, I am a prior 2T271 out of CHAFB in SC did 7 1/2 years in and got out when Obama took office. Anyway looking for a M1008 or 1028a2 if I get lucky. I will be lurking for a while:beer:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey! Welcome to the site!

I live off Garners Ferry Rd, I have a m1008, m109, and m818. Feel free to come on over and test drive! I love showing the trucks off. I work for Shaw AFB. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Again, Welcome!

Blythewoodjoe

The new guy here has got me to thinking. Are there many activities that we here in the Columbia area do on a regular basis?

I know the Military vehicle collectors of SC do stuff, or at least I used to know. Do they still get together at Owens field on Thursday? Are there any others that do stuff? I know the North Carolina guys get together in Hickory once a month or so. I am the last person that should be making this post, because I am always busy and often bug out on events because of work, family or church stuff, but I'm all for a monthly meeting for breakfast in the Columbia area. And I'm not volunteering to head this up or even promise to be there often, but it would be nice to just see everybody and drive one of the trucks out early one Saturday every now and then.

Just a thought.
And welcome to the new guy.
Joe in Blythewood

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, That's not a bad idea. I'd like to get more involved with the guys around this area. Problem with me too is I'm always at the RR museum on Saturdays... If we did an early breakfast, say, 0700 or 0730 at the Cracker Barrel on Farrow Rd? or a Denny's or Shoney's...

I don't seam to have much help now that Sevo (Chris) has moved, and would like to get to better know some of the other local SS guys. I have been hesitent to get involved with the Owens Field guys for reasons I don't want to get into here.

Not meaning to hyjack the thread!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MVCSC still meets every Thursday at the old hanger at Owens Field 4pm till dark, and has our monthly business meeting the second Wednesday evening at American Legion Post 6 at 6pm. The group does have a fairly full plate of activities and we are developing some alternative storage/activity sites for the day that the hanger is turned into a community center.

Sometimes it helps to have a thick skin around several of the folks, and selective hearing. But all in all a great group of MV enthusiasts!

Blythewoodjoe

A couple of questions. What RR museum are you referring to? The one in Winsboro? The Cracker barrel on Farrow is a easy place to meet and early is good. If no one shows up, you can still have a good breakfast. There are several places on two notch at I-77 that would work too. I think there is a IHOP a block off the interstate next to Home depot for truck parking if need be.

I haven't been out to Owens in a year or so. It really is too far for me to go back out to after a long day. Is there ever any regular stuff going on at Dave's place up the road from me in Ridgeway?

We shouldn't worry about high jacking a thread. The powers that be want us to limit new threads:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks