• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from SW Washington State - 1997 LMTV

RL-97LMTV

Hello,

I recently bought a 1997 LMTV 1078. After getting it home and putting good batteries, adding some fuel and priming the fuel system, it started and ran great. I was very happy about that part of it. The issue I'm having is that the transmission will not engage when I press D or R on the keypad. I made sure it was full of oil, hand throttle was at its lowest point and then checked the error code. It is 2112. This is a code for the throttle position sensor. Has anyone dealt with this code, and if so, what was your fix? Replacement? Source? Adjustment of the idle? Something else?

BTW, I searched the forums for this issue and did not find anything directly related. My apologies if this has already been covered, but I did not find it. Thank you!

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, The hobby, Friendships, advice's and events to come.
Can't help you with your 'Computer Controlled Truck'.. ( I( am still a fan of steam and clockwork things..), But I'm sure one of the members with knowledge will step in and help you.
Though, If the truck is designed not to change gear without a signal from it, (The throttle senspor), It sounds like you need a new throttle sensor?..

RL-97LMTV

Welcome to the site, The hobby, Friendships, advice's and events to come.
Can't help you with your 'Computer Controlled Truck'.. ( I( am still a fan of steam and clockwork things..), But I'm sure one of the members with knowledge will step in and help you.
Though, If the truck is designed not to change gear without a signal from it, (The throttle senspor), It sounds like you need a new throttle sensor?..
Thank you, much appreciated.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Aboard :grin:

Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Dianna and I have an M35A2, XM818, M105 and a 1960 vintage 220KAK Box Van Semi-Trailer.

Won't be able to answer your question(s).

Just wanted to say WELCOME ! ! !

John
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

MrMikey4026

Hello,

I recently bought a 1997 LMTV 1078. After getting it home and putting good batteries, adding some fuel and priming the fuel system, it started and ran great. I was very happy about that part of it. The issue I'm having is that the transmission will not engage when I press D or R on the keypad. I made sure it was full of oil, hand throttle was at its lowest point and then checked the error code. It is 2112. This is a code for the throttle position sensor. Hc andas anyone dealt with this code, and if so, what was your fix? Replacement? Source? Adjustment of the idle? Something else?

BTW, I searched the forums for this issue and did not find anything directly related. My apologies if this has already been covered, but I did not find it. Thank you!
You are way ahead of me, mine would not move at all. A WTEC3 transmission was installed in my WTEC2 truck.
Removing the transmission pan\valve body to install the correct harness was interesting.
If you look in the TM section, there is a calibration sequence for the Position sensor.
Have you eyeballed the all of the transmission wiring? Make sure all of the connectors are seated and locked.
Scott at Pacific Powershifts in Puyallup was a good resource and source for parts for my transmission. 800-753-9680
Don't call without your transmission serial number!
If you like, drive over here. I can bring the laptop home and we could check some voltages on mine so you could compare with yours?
Mike

RL-97LMTV

You are way ahead of me, mine would not move at all. A WTEC3 transmission was installed in my WTEC2 truck.
Removing the transmission pan\valve body to install the correct harness was interesting.
If you look in the TM section, there is a calibration sequence for the Position sensor.
Have you eyeballed the all of the transmission wiring? Make sure all of the connectors are seated and locked.
Scott at Pacific Powershifts in Puyallup was a good resource and source for parts for my transmission. 800-753-9680
Don't call without your transmission serial number!
If you like, drive over here. I can bring the laptop home and we could check some voltages on mine so you could compare with yours?
Mike
Wow! This is great! And thank you all for the welcome. Mike, the truck won’t move, so I’m stationary until I figure this out. Haven’t had a bunch of time to look at it lately but I’ll check on the wiring and the TM/sequence (if I can find it) get back on here. The only things I left out of my original post were that it was about 5 gallons low on trans oil. No leaks are visible (except hydraulic oil from the spare lift and cab latch), so it may be that someone drained some fluid out to make a repair and never got to it. Also, it “feels” like it’s trying to go into gear since I added the oil. It’s about half a quart low cold on the stick so I’m comfortable with the level right now. Anyway, thanks again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks