• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from the bayou

poorman4x4

Traded my tractor tire jeep wrangler for a M923A1, i do not regret that decision, i take it to louisiana mudfest, our local mudhole, i even take it through 5:00 traffic through the heart of lafayette louisiana, hope to learn info and share some too

poorman4x4

Thank you, glad to be here, That 923 runs like a champ, its grandmother-powered but you cant beat the feeling of driving a military truck. People ask me all the time you didn't get tired of driving those in the army, i say i drove an 1985 998 that had two 6.2's in 3 months, never the 5 tons, rode in the back of LMTV's alot but thats it, and i hate those. Im working on getting a M818 since those are my favorite since i was a kid but the M52A2 has caught my eye for the fact of the LDT-465 engine and not that cummins 250, but there both great trucks!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome From N'awlins

Welcome!

Cool looking truck.:driver:

Cool to have someone else who speaks cajun and doesn't tell me I talk funny[thumbzup]

Juan

Metairie, La

Supersoldier

I got a 1985 M1009 cucv and for some reason the starter is running constantly without actually engaging causing the batteries to drain. Is it a common problem and easily fixed or should I prepair for a nightmare

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a 1985 M1009 cucv and for some reason the starter is running constantly without actually engaging causing the batteries to drain. Is it a common problem and easily fixed or should I prepair for a nightmare

This a a very common problem with the stock starter relay.

Doghead post a thread about replacing the relay with a heavy duty unit. Thus it is dubbed the Doghead Relay.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/60960-doghead-starter-relay-modifcation.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks