• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from the Houston Tx Area!

97Beast

I have been a Duece enthusiast for quite a while and I finally decided to get serious and purchase my first MV sometime soon. I am looking to find a running driving duece. I will likely try going through the GL process.
So I will be searching this site and asking plenty of questions as I try to acquire my first MV!:driver:
I currently have a 1997 F250 PSD Crew, and my other toy is a 1989 Bronco which I plan to sell and replace with a duece. I'm more than open to trade my Bronco for you duece BTW.[thumbzup]

runk

Here are some price ranges I've seen locally in the last year or so-

Government Liquidation (San Antonio, Red River (near Texarkana), Pineville and Fort Polk in LA, Fort Shelby in MS):
from less then $1000 for a truck with no winch, canvas, racks, or bows, but appearing mechanically complete; up to $3500 for a winch truck with all the goodies

Craigs List:
$3500 to $10000 (!), for the upper on the price I would expect to get a fully titled, inspected truck, but a lot of the sellers around here appear to just be trying to flip GL trucks. Of course, I don't know what the actual sales prices are...

The purchase price is just the beginning, there are so many awesome ways to spend money on these trucks... FWIW, I bought mine from GL out of Red River about a year ago, paid near the top of the range, but it had all the goodies, and was in excellent mechanical shape and ok cosmetic condition.

97Beast

Yes Sir!!!
Im also on FTE under the same name

I thought I recognized your ford...
Thats awfully funny. Its a small world.

Here are some price ranges I've seen locally in the last year or so-

Government Liquidation (San Antonio, Red River (near Texarkana), Pineville and Fort Polk in LA, Fort Shelby in MS):
from less then $1000 for a truck with no winch, canvas, racks, or bows, but appearing mechanically complete; up to $3500 for a winch truck with all the goodies

Craigs List:
$3500 to $10000 (!), for the upper on the price I would expect to get a fully titled, inspected truck, but a lot of the sellers around here appear to just be trying to flip GL trucks. Of course, I don't know what the actual sales prices are...

The purchase price is just the beginning, there are so many awesome ways to spend money on these trucks... FWIW, I bought mine from GL out of Red River about a year ago, paid near the top of the range, but it had all the goodies, and was in excellent mechanical shape and ok cosmetic condition.
Great info Runk. Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed to know. Where around Houston do you live if you dont mind me asking?

Barrman

There are a lot of us in the area. Welcome to the madness. You should be warned that if you buy one. You won't be able to resist buying another, then another, another, etc..

Runk, is that a MGA or bug eye Sprite? I have a '57 A that is waiting for me to pay attention to it and a '67 Cooper S. A lot of us Green Ironed types have itsy bitsy British cars for some reason I have noticed.

runk

It's my dad's 1959 TR3B, he's also got 2 TR6s, all very nice. I've got a Spitfire and Herald (both need work). Interestingly enough there is a lot of common hardware and designs between the Triumphs and the Deuce, fine thread bolts, weird brake fittings, total lack of any heat or sound insulation, marginal weather sealing, useless wipers, etc. Where I've been missing small stuff on the Deuce, I've often been able to dig through the piles of Triumph parts and find something that will work ! And I've used some of the fixes we've worked out for the Triumphs to improve the Deuce. Working on insulation and weather sealing currently.