• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from UK

CVRTkid

Hi all,

My name is Vince and I've been restoring and maintaining MVs for about 20 years. I've had WW2 Matadors, all sorts of Land Rovers and have been involved in CVRTs for about 12 years. I also help look after a fleet of vehicles ranging from small (WC52) to large (Ward LaFrance Series 5) vehicles, war time to post war (M55, Land Rover, Daimler Ferrets). I'm hoping to purchase an M1009 CUCV in the next couple of weeks as a show vehicle and 2nd car.

When I'm not working on MVs, I volunteer at the Bluebell railway in Sussex England, where I recently qualified as a Fireman (stoker in US parlance).

I've found the posts on this forum useful in gaining an understanding of M1009s prior to (hopefully!) going to view one next week. Having owned 7 Land Rovers of various types over the years (from brand new to fixer-uppers, both civvy and military) I have cured myself of that disease, and am looking forward to some American 6.2 V8 action! I used to drive a friends Ford F350 which we'd put a Cummins B series in, and I never didn't have a smile on my face when driving it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the birthplace of aviation.

We'll add another vote for a train forum. :)

CVRTkid

Thanks for the welcome guys. Sitting here at work (at a major railway company) anxiously waiting a call back on an M1009 with overdrive gearbox, ex USAF. I'm selling an unrestored Daimler Ferret (to fund the M1009) in the next couple of days, which I understand go for silly money on your side of the pond.

dmetalmiki

Welcome from...the "other side of the..pond!" Vehicles green= Good..things smokey and steamy also = good. Come to our show at the steam museum when you get your 109 and enjoy the company.. we have loads of stuff green and mooocho's enthusiasm

Attachments

Foxtrot Oscar

Kiwi Greetings

Welcome from Down Under in NZ.
I used to visit the Bluebell Railway regularly. My mothers late cousin and her husband were founding members, donated land and support so when I was staying with her at Xmas we got free tickets for the "Santa Special" excursion, Sheffield Park to Horsted Keynes. 13 years in a row I recall.

If I said she owned the Dairy Factory across the road you may know who I mean.

Anyway, back home now and I own an '84 M1009 but had a civilian Blazer and several Series III LR's over there.
We have a couple of CVRT here and two Ferrets under restoration in Auckland plus many US & UK vehicles througout NZ with most owners being members of the NZMVC.

Enjoy your CUCV! You're in great company here. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks