• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member From UK

Jamesequipment87

There's no special class for the CUCV in the UK
yes that's the only problem getting body parts here, they have to come from America or Germany, shipping can cost more than the part itself

biped

James, that is an amazing job. I've seen none better. My project went to an outside body shop and I am not displeased. $5,500 later and I have a new hood, tailgate, LF fender and lots of sheet metal repair. They are good trucks if you take care of them.....noisy and somewhat drafty. That solid front axle won't give you a cushion ride off paved surfaces. That said, I am not complaining. Again, great job.

britcucv

Hi James ,l have a cucv here in the U.K. Which I have owned for 15 years ,still only done 59,000 miles make sure you do all the mods they recommend on this website ,there worth the time and trouble .

cucvrus

The chalked numbers on the firewall are line set numbers. They all have that. Nowadays everything/part has a skew number attached to it. This is how they match up the orders for assembly. We used to use the same process on the assembly line. Now you have a wrist scanner and a computer at every work station to report progress. Every part that goes on the vehicle is in the bill of materials. If it says 25 screws the order feeds the inventory and drives the next order for fasteners in that case. If the bill of materials does not have the part charged out on the truck it can not be put on till a change notice is submitted and approved. it sounds complicated but actually does help trucks get built correctly and with fewer or no errors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks